12-08-10, 01:09 PM   #1
Apophiss
A Defias Bandit
Map screen location problem

I was repositioning the map, and I somehow got it to sit at the upper-left of the screen. Now I cannot grab the bar to move it.

I have done everything I can think of to get it to reposition to where I can grab/move it:

Reset from the Carbonite menu.
Deleted the WTF folder.
Deleted the Carbonite folders.
I even tried changing the resolution to all available.

The position of the map remains un-moveable and in the upper left corner.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

12-08-10, 01:18 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Type "/carb resetwin".

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-08-10, 01:34 PM   #3
Apophiss
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Type "/carb resetwin".
Thanks for the help!

That does reset the window locations, except that particular window. It is still stuck in the upper left.

Weird huh!

Any other tricks?

12-08-10, 03:35 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Hmm. The "resetwin" thing should've reset the map position to the fresh installation default.

Well, there are a lot of people with much more knowledge about Carbonite than I have. I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-08-10, 04:46 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are an additional two things you might try.

1) If the minimized map frame is not locked (I will assume it is not) you can right click on the frame (not on the map itself, but the frame that surrounds it) and the last option in the pop up menu you will get will be "Reset Layout". Click on it. It might reset your entire Carbonite layout. I've never tried this, so I just don't know.

2) If that doesn't work, then the only alternative I can think of is to delete Carbonite's "SavedVariables" file.

Completely exit your World of Warcraft game. Go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files that are in that folder. BE AWARE that doing this will completely reset your Carbonite installation and when you log back in it will act like a fresh install of Carbonite on ALL of your characters.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map screen location problem