06-02-10, 06:37 PM   #2401
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
lol I know :P I've been busy actually playing! :P Instead of playing World of UI Craft :P
That is such an awesome name.

Pf0llz0r, the first thing that hits me is all the solid black you're using. Get rid of it where it is not necessary - i.e. the bottom bar (most of the stuff on there seems pointless to me anyway, but whatever) and behind the chat boxes. Your layout seems to be nice and compact, which is cool, and I like that texture you're using. Your DPS and threat meters are ridiculously big, though. I would consider not using bars at all and simply colour-coding the names according to class. Your de/buffs seem to be laid out in an efficient manner, especially with the XPerl-style scaling. There are, however, a few inconsistencies in your UI - for example, you need to make all your icons the same skin, as well as making the cast bar match the unit frames, etc. (I realise you're using AzCastBar, like me, but you can anchor KgPanels frames to it - just use 'AzCastBarPlugin###' for the anchoring, where ### is the name of the plugin). Just look around and try to make things match.

Harrelj, your UI isn't too bad, but it's a bit all over the place - there's no real feeling of alignment or things being neat. It seems like you just threw all the frames and various elements together. Other than that, the textures and colours work very nicely together and you can never go wrong with that font.

Demøn, I actually really like your layout and the overall feel of your UI so far, although it would be good to make the white glows more like black shadows. This would reduce the distraction caused by your unit frames. I would also drastically reduce the de/buff timer font, for obvious (I hope) reasons.

Ferous, care to PM me the link, too? I also noticed that his screenshots are very vibrant yet dark.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

06-02-10, 07:11 PM   #2402
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
@Wella, yeah there really isn't any sense of that but I'm a clicker (*horror*), so I have limitations based off of that and the fact that I have 2 alts currently leveling as well as a raiding DPS and a rarely raiding (but frequently running heroics) healer. I've preferred for a long time to have my debuffs at eye level on the left hand side of the screen and fairly massive, so that also restricted things.

Is there anything in particular that confuses you? (I'm gonna guess its my quest item above the right-hand chat box :P)

06-02-10, 07:19 PM   #2403
Wella

Nothing confuses me, as such, it's just that some things seem like they could be more compact and neat. Having said that, most of your UI is very clear and if such things are down to personal preference, then I say you have yourself a dandy UI right there. You might want to look into at least having a consistent padding around the edge of the screen.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-02-10, 08:44 PM   #2404
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
I haven't really changed much in my UI in regards to the feedback but I will! I just wanted to show the bloom effect Led++ uses

06-02-10, 08:54 PM   #2405
Demøn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Demøn, I actually really like your layout and the overall feel of your UI so far, although it would be good to make the white glows more like black shadows. This would reduce the distraction caused by your unit frames. I would also drastically reduce the de/buff timer font, for obvious (I hope) reasons.
I see where you're coming from, but I really haven't ****ed with any of that yet, so you can expect to see those changes and a million more in time. I don't care about how much the unit frames 'distract' or the glows because I'm more concerned by just getting things in the places they need to be for now, if that makes sense. Just like everybody says, function comes before style, and right now my function needs work.

I am real stoked that you like the idea of the setup though, since that was the hardest part for me to make my mind up over how to display, even if a big chunk of how I do things was just pulled from fer's ideas

I plan to tone everything down and tighten it down to a particular style once the nuts and bolts are in place. And right now the biggest 'functionality' problem I see at the moment is that I have a block of junk secondary data shoved in a corner of my screen. I need to figure out a better placement or a better way to align the data somewhere so that I am not tweaking out all the time that everything feels lopsided, but it is still displayed somewhere for reference when I need to get to that data. I'm hoping someone has an idea for where/how to display this stuff so its not an ugly wart on my UI before I pretty everything else up. It's been hard for me personally because as a healer I have tried everything but I just can't get away from actionbars & vuhdo in the bottom middle of my screen. And I really prefer my chat left-aligned on the left side of my screen, so it's rough to figure out where the **** I can put anything else to fit around these things.

I would make recount configured to have an invisible title bar, which would be much easier to stick somewhere unobtrusively, but I want to be able to tab to the different statistics, so it won't work for me personally.

Last edited by Demøn : 06-02-10 at 08:59 PM.

06-03-10, 01:36 AM   #2406
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

here is my UI:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/979...0310092532.jpg

addons used:
!Beatycase
!Takethiscolor
Addon Control Panel
Auracle
Bigwigs
Bartender 4
Buttonfacade ThinSquare
ForteXcorcist
Grid -- for healing
nMinimap
nBuff
nChat
nCore
nTooltip
KgPanels
Omen
OmniCC
Chatter
Scrolling Combat Text
SharedMedia
Skinner
GCDring
TipTac
OuF_Jasje - Made Alot Of Changes.
TinyDps
Tweakwow
Leatrix Gfx

Last edited by Aftermathhqt : 06-03-10 at 01:38 AM.

06-03-10, 02:59 AM   #2407
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
I haven't really changed much in my UI in regards to the feedback but I will! I just wanted to show the bloom effect Led++ uses

<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
It does look real wicked in some places but I think the over glow should be changed slightly looking at videos.

I wouldn't dare put the DLL(s) in my WoW folder as can't see how this is any different from custom .mpq files which was frowned upon.

(Not the place to discuss this)

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

06-03-10, 04:19 AM   #2408
Wella

That bloom effect looks pretty cool with your UI, Ferous. It sure does make particle effects a lot more cool, too. (I.e. that big ball of flaming doom coming towards you.)

Demøn, sorry I kind of missed the point, I didn't really give you the C&C you were looking for, I suppose. I personally think Vuhdo looks fine where it is on your UI, it's very common to have it set up like that. I would also say that your action bars are also in a good position, because they finish the gap between the bottom of the raid frames and the bottom of the screen. It is apparent, however, that you have pretty much nothing on the left hand side of the screen. It might be a good idea to try moving Proximity to the top-left of the screen and putting Recount underneath the minimap instead. Not sure what else is in the corner there, but just jiggle it around, you'll find a good place for it all eventually! By the way, you might want to get some Broker plugins to replace the minimap buttons, or you could just use MoveAnything! to position them inside your minimap and make them smaller. They look out of place at the moment.

Game92, that's a decent use of that famous border and it's nice to see you using a different font to the one I would expect. There's not too much that needs to be urgently changed with your UI, actually. However, I think you need to add some padding to your whole screen, as things seem to be just shoved right to the edge, leaving a kind of claustrophobic feeling. It would also probably be a good idea to remove the chat box background and use a thin outline around the font (use Outliner for this, it removes the annoying shadows). I would then consider moving your target-of-target frame to somewhere where it feels more like it should be there, because at the moment it feels like you put it where it is just because you can, as it's not aligned with anything else. (In the middle of the screen, i.e. between the player and target frames, is often a good place for this.) The same goes for the cast bar, I reckon.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-03-10, 08:50 AM   #2409
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Cleaned it up a bit

I have a depth perception prob, so I kinda NEED the graphics behind chat boxes, and I had forgot Eavesdrop and left it on when I got raid invite ( which is why I had 2 combat text on screen, lol) Other than that, I think I've cleaned it up considerably. The empty spaces between health orb/general chat is for Proc cooldown, the empty space between power orb and guild/raid chat is for MY debuff cooldowns. Added a tighter border around Minimap,
As always, C&C is welcome/needed~

Edit: @Wella- Good eye on the Roth orbs, I like just about everything he's done, since it all has such a tiny CPU impact, yet maintains the look I've become accustomed to =) Zork rules, lol~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Party.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	4352  Click image for larger version

Name:	Raid Frames (sorta).jpg
Views:	703
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	4353  

Last edited by Kendian : 06-03-10 at 08:58 AM.

06-03-10, 09:01 AM   #2410
Wella

You've made things a lot cleaner and I really like it. The background behind the chat boxes is understandable and you actually manage to make them fit in reasonably well with the rest of the UI. Not much else I can say about your UI, to be honest. Good job!
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-03-10, 09:07 AM   #2411
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Game92. What kind of font is that?
It looks very smooth.
Do you have mac or something that smooths it like that or how is it done?

06-03-10, 10:12 AM   #2412
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Minimal Look

This is as minimal as I can make it, and still be comfy. C&C welcome =)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Minimal Drood.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	1,003.0 KB
ID:	4354  

06-03-10, 10:13 AM   #2413
Tarumi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Game92 - Love the look of your UI! I would make your Threat Meter as tall as your Damage Counter, right now it just looks a bit off with the two different heights. I would also think about changing the location of your Target of Target,it feels out of place where it currently is. Your castbar (or whatever "fade" relates to) is also wider than the rest of the frames below it, I would shorten it to match those below.

06-03-10, 10:23 AM   #2414
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
This is as minimal as I can make it, and still be comfy. C&C welcome =)
What font is that on your unit frames, etc.?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-03-10, 11:00 AM   #2415
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Font

Is called Desyrel_. =)

06-03-10, 12:15 PM   #2416
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thanks! I found some other nice ones from the same font lab.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-03-10, 02:29 PM   #2417
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by sacrife View Post
Game92. What kind of font is that?
It looks very smooth.
Do you have mac or something that smooths it like that or how is it done?
I believe it's Century Gothic

06-03-10, 08:13 PM   #2418
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Since Led ++ pointed out a good point as to my Rogue using Svelte, I've been trying to make a "DPS" UI

Here is what I got so far, trying to go minimal....

Combat on target dummy solo

VuhDo showing

06-03-10, 08:35 PM   #2419
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Demøn View Post
I would make recount configured to have an invisible title bar, which would be much easier to stick somewhere unobtrusively, but I want to be able to tab to the different statistics, so it won't work for me personally.
You can do that, even with an invisible title bar. Right click on the title bar and you can choose whether to display DPS/damage done/etc. It just doesn't let you choose which fight to view those statistics for, but if you only look at that information sporadically, you can always /recount config, enable the file button, and then disable it when done (or even just leave that one icon though that would be weird admittedly).

06-03-10, 11:39 PM   #2420
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

I do have to say that I changed some values of that bloom mod myself as the default download (both of them) didn't look that good imo.

Btw, don't expect an upload from me. Why not? Imo the most important part of it (the UF's) are just a very basic modified ouf_nin (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...6-ouf_nin.html). I just changed the ToT, changed a few text strings, changed how some colors were (class color on raidframes instead of green when having lost health ..), and changed some sizes, .. Nothing major. All the rest can easily be recreated imo. Actionbars, minimap, buffs, .. It's all pretty basic.

2nd reason I won't upload is because imo it isn't a Led ++ UI. It's to simple for that. I like how clean it is, how easy it works and how good it does it job. But it misses this sort of OOOOMPH which some of my other UI's had.
(http://www.wowinterface.com/download...374-Ledv1.html)
(http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/led) For example.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...