07-21-18, 01:08 PM   #1
Meeanda
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TasteTheNaimbow Colors

So I've be pouring through the code and every piece of info on the net to help Correct the issue.

I'll explain best I can [player]
Bracked on left is colored same as the name (which it should be)
right bracket has normal chat color

pretty sure it has to do with the gsub of the "$$s|r"

am at a loss, any help would be great. The mod uses a hash for the colors. I'm not some super addon builder but I've been maintaining this one and a few others.

thanks in advance

Last edited by Meeanda : 07-21-18 at 01:12 PM. Reason: pretty sure it has something to do with the new guild panel as well
07-22-18, 04:33 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Make sure the |r part is after the right bracket. |r means to return to the default color for the fontstring.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-22-18, 06:59 PM   #3
Meeanda
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TasteTheNaimbow

here is one of the many lines below

CHAT_CHANNEL_GET = gsub(CHAT_CHANNEL_GET, "%%s", "|cff"..TasteTheNaimbow_NameColor[TasteTheNaimbow_Strip(arg2)].."%%s|r");

and I believe the class colors are causing the error. I was just made aware that those are active with no way to disable.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » TasteTheNaimbow Colors