A Defias Bandit

C: Users>public>games>World of Warcraft

That's what it looks like.
07-13-10, 01:05 PM   #142
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Then inside the Interface\AddOns folder in that directory there, you will install your addons the exact same way that you did on XP.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-13-10, 01:07 PM   #143
Lėnette
A Defias Bandit

Ooh. I see it now. Thank you very much.
12-26-10, 12:03 AM   #144
Shawdaynelf
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation I am having roubles maybe some sort of help

Ok so i have followed all of the rules to downloading carbonite once again I have had it for 2 years up until pre cata and I have windows vista it shows correctly in the folders but it isnt showing up when i open wow. None of my other addons are in the addons folder either but i also use curse client what is causing all of this non sense? and what can i do to get it to work PLEASE help me
12-26-10, 12:39 AM   #145
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Where is your WoW installed to (ie, where is your shortcut pointing to)?
Where are you installing your addons to?

If the answers to the above questions are the same, then search your computer for your AddOns folder. If you have WoW installed to Program Files, then this would be the problem since you're on Vista. Ever since the 3.0 expansion, the default install path for WoW has been to a different directory due to the permissions that it needs to use addons and save their configurations. You would have been asked to move it when updating.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-15-11, 10:58 PM   #146
CainusLorre
A Kobold Labourer
Addon Installation

i have some addons i want to use but have no clue how or where to install them if anyone can help with this please email me or hit me on yahoo messanger Monmouthfire845m thanks foir anyones help
03-16-11, 09:28 AM   #147
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can check out our how to install addons F.A.Q here. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...em#faq_install

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
03-16-11, 04:23 PM   #148
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm curious if you read the OP?

03-16-11, 05:50 PM   #149
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Sorry I should have pointed my response at CainusLorre, or atleast included the quote from the question they asked.
03-16-11, 07:18 PM   #150
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Heh, I guess I should have, too.

I was just wondering if you, CainusLorre, had already attempted the guide in the OP of this thread (which also links to the guide that Nobgul pointed out). Or if there was something in particular that he needed assistance with after reading through it.

04-30-11, 10:58 AM   #151
vanya
A Kobold Labourer

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Two different UI compilations? The easiest way is to have two separate Interface and WTF folders, renaming them depending on which character you're using. But you'll have to completely exit the game when changing characters. The other way is to use different profiles in your mods for each character.
This, is my problem (I know the post is old, but it at least shows I read it)
My roommate and I share my computer sometimes, so they made their own WTF and Addons folders, my problem is when I log in, it is running their addons, and I dont know how to make it show mine??

ps-can't ask, sleeping

Last edited by vanya : 04-30-11 at 11:03 AM. Reason: info
04-30-11, 12:49 PM   #152
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Exit the game and swap their folders out for your old ones.

11-12-11, 06:49 PM   #153
Othgar
"That" Guy

Install Walkthrough

So, a guildie of mine just convinced me to upload a video of how to install addons from here. I figured I'd share it with everyone my system runs Windows 7 Pro so there may be some slight differences on other versions of Windows.

Youtube video

Last edited by Othgar : 11-12-11 at 06:51 PM. Reason: grr.... spelling
02-20-14, 05:34 PM   #154
Noble-Rogue
A Defias Bandit
need my mods.

Hi all. i used to play WoW all he time b-4 MoP. but my pc did not meet the MoP graphics requirements. when i played i used Curse Client to get all of my add on's. now i have a newer pc that runs windows 7. the problem is that Curse wont run once it is loaded. there is an issue while down loading and Curse is crappy when it comes to answering their tickets. i had one for 4 weeks without any response. so now i here. i have down loaded the Titan Panel. i have unzipped it using the built in extraction program on windows 7. and i have been sure to have it in the right file. please help me out here. ty in advance for any info yall can give.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wow apps.png
Views:	572
Size:	730.5 KB
ID:	8018  
02-20-14, 06:00 PM   #155
Noble-Rogue
A Defias Bandit
figured it out.....

Originally Posted by Noble-Rogue View Post
Hi all. i used to play WoW all he time b-4 MoP. but my pc did not meet the MoP graphics requirements. when i played i used Curse Client to get all of my add on's. now i have a newer pc that runs windows 7. the problem is that Curse wont run once it is loaded. there is an issue while down loading and Curse is crappy when it comes to answering their tickets. i had one for 4 weeks without any response. so now i here. i have down loaded the Titan Panel. i have unzipped it using the built in extraction program on windows 7. and i have been sure to have it in the right file. please help me out here. ty in advance for any info yall can give.
i was opening and extracting from the add on's file. i fixed my issue by SAVING NOT OPENING to the downloads file then from there i extracted it straight to the add on's file. ty everyone
02-20-14, 08:11 PM   #156
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Glad you sorted it out. Just in case you run into this problem in the future, the method used for extraction in your screenshot created a new folder named after the .zip file to put the contents of the .zip file into. If you looked inside there, you would have seen a normal TitanPanel folder, which you could have just pulled out to the Addons directory.

08-13-16, 03:48 PM   #157
Lexodus
A Kobold Labourer
Gnome Sequencer Enhanced

Hi all, I've just started trying out Gnome Sequencer Enhanced on Mac (El Capitan) and I have followed all of the steps on the installation help page, but it isn't showing up in the list of add ons when I open the WoW game client. I was first trying out Gnome Sequencer (not enhanced) and managed to install it but deleted it when I found GS-E, do I need GS installed to have GS-E or are they standalone? If they are dependant, what should my path look like - applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/GnomeSequencer/GS_E ?
08-13-16, 08:24 PM   #158
Phanx
Cat.

Separate addons are installed separately. If AddonB depends on AddonA, your installation should look like this:

AddOns
... AddonA
... AddonB

and not like this:

AddOns
... AddonB
....... AddonA

In the latter case, WoW will not be aware of AddonA, so it won't load AddonB either.
08-31-19, 02:22 PM   #159
Ging
A Kobold Labourer
Mac Details! Classic AddOn Help Needed

Hi,

I attached a screenshot of my path. I am a new Mac user so I hope this gives you a great idea of where I am struggling. I am trying to add the Details! Classic Damage Meter but I believe my pathing is all messed up. I checked and double checked that I do not have two paths to Wow and I read through these instructions very throughly as to not have to ask for help but I have now spent about 24 hours on this and I am calling for reinforcements. Can you please assist?

Thank you,
Tyler
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 4.17.09 PM.png
Views:	304
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	9274  
08-31-19, 02:48 PM   #160
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It looks like you might have folder-in-folder syndrome, as detailed in this thread. But I'm not entirely sure, as your screenshot doesn't show what's inside that DetailsClassic folder. (Hint: The folder name for the addon should just be called Details and is already named that way.)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Having trouble installing addons?