09-05-18, 07:13 AM   #1
Shintora
A Kobold Labourer
Debuffs missing on nameplates after using AddOns

Description:
Hello, ive had 4 addons installed for the first time tonight; Threat Plates, OmniCC, Kui Nameplates, and Shadowed Unit Frames.

They must have casued someting strange with the enemy nameplates FOR MY HUNTER "Shintora" ONLY, hes on Silvermoon EU.
After deactivating these Add Ons the game doesnt display my debuffs like the bleed from "Barbed Shot" nor the slow effect from "Concussive Shot" on the enemy nameplate (the one above the enemys head) anymore. It does display Intimidation and Murder of Crows tho.
All debuffs are correctly displayed on the enemy nameplates on my Warlock.
I deleted the WTF and Cache folders already, it didnt help.
Now ive deleted the entire WoW Folder, ran CCCleaner, didnt help, im currently reinstalling the entire game and i still cant see the debuffs from barbed shot or conc. shot, nor the proccing debuffs from my azerite gear.
Please help me im desperate.

ANSWER FROM GM RAVENBAT:
"Ravenbat:
Hello there Florian, There can be several causes for these sorts of problems, and looking at the names of the addons you were using it does look like at least one of these would have caused the problems.
However most of them can be resolved with one of the following steps:

1) ADD-ON REMOVAL - It will be necessary to remove any Addons that you have installed and check to see if you have the problem without them. You can do that by following these instructions located on our support site: https://battle.net/support/en/article/7549
I know you already said you deleted the WTF and Cache folders, but please try following this guide fully.

2) GAME REPAIR - You may also want to perform a "Repair" of your game install before restarting, just in case there are any corrupted game files causing the problem. The guide on how to do that can be found here: https://battle.net/support/en/article/7655 "

Done it all, doesnt help, theres no such folder located in "VirtualStore" only a NVidia folder.

Now after chatting for like 30 mins with a GM on the support chat he was left helpless, he couldnt fix this problem, no console comamnd he provided did the trick.

I still cant see my debuffs on the enemy nameplate above its head.

If anyone maanged to find a solution to this, I'd greatly appreciate any help

Shintora
09-05-18, 08:27 AM   #2
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Barbed Shot and Concussion Shot don't show up on nameplates by default.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Debuffs missing on nameplates after using AddOns