10-16-11, 01:01 PM   #1
tobindax
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is this issue known? [Big latency on /castsequence]

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...45412?page=1#0

I tried a /castsequence Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast

and I noticed it always produces a slight delay before each AB. Using AB on its own does not have it.

I also confirmed it on another spec and another spell.

It appears to be around 200ms. Much lower than the GCD but very noticeable. The number is a guess.

PS. The example sequence has no real use but I first noticed it on a sequence that included Mirror Image. At first I suspected an issue with MI, but removing it did not alter the latency effect.
Let me know if it's a known issue and if it has any remedies.
10-16-11, 04:52 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I think I read somewhere that queuing doesn't work with castsequences - yet another reason why they're bad for dps. But... why even use a castsequence for the above at all?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-17-11, 07:48 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This issue has existed since the beginning. The reason why is when you have /castsequence spell1, spell2, spell3, spamming it doesn't cause it to stutter. To accomplish this, it only sends the cast once and waits for the server to respond whether or not the spell cast. If it failed, it unlocks itself for a recast. If succeeded, it cycles to the next spell. As such, /castsequence is vulnerable to network latency. The fact you're chaining the same spell 4 times does not change this behavior.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Is this issue known? [Big latency on /castsequence]