Quantcast SyncUI - Feedback - Page 4 - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
11-30-14, 10:27 AM   #61
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
syncrow's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
How is that?
add a cooldown frame type to your frame thats all
  Reply With Quote
11-30-14, 03:44 PM   #62
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant
 
Aftermathhqt's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 783
Originally Posted by syncrow View Post
add a cooldown frame type to your frame thats all
Oh okay, well doesn't work :/
  Reply With Quote
12-01-14, 12:58 PM   #63
Phanx
Cat.
 
Phanx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
Oh okay, well doesn't work :/
It works fine, but this really isn't the thread to be asking questions about writing code and using API functions...
__________________
Author/maintainer of Grid, PhanxChat, oUF_Phanx, and many more.
Troubleshoot an addonTurn any code into an addonMore addon resources
Need help with your code? Post all of your actual code! Attach or paste your files.
Please don’t PM me about addon bugs or code questions. Post a comment or forum thread instead!
  Reply With Quote
12-15-14, 11:34 PM   #64
Tim
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
Tim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 272
Implement a download link. :P
  Reply With Quote
12-16-14, 12:18 AM   #65
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Kkthnx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 244
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Implement a download link. :P
I second this! Or get a group of people to test for you and deal with feedback ? #SyncUI Hype 2014
__________________
Success isn't what you've done compared to others. Success is what you've done compared to what you were made to do.
  Reply With Quote
12-21-14, 01:24 AM   #66
Greevir
A Cyclonian
 
Greevir's Avatar
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 45
Are all the interface windows skinned as well? char, profs, talents, etc. They'd look really out of place if not.
  Reply With Quote
12-22-14, 08:01 PM   #67
MalachiDraven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Implement a download link. :P
Lol, seriously! Every update just teases us so much! I want to use this UI! Even if it's unfinished...just gimme nao!
  Reply With Quote
12-31-14, 01:09 AM   #68
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
syncrow's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 149
implemented Arena Frames



what do do:
- castbar styling
- diminish & cc anchoring
- maybe add arena targets

Last edited by syncrow : 12-31-14 at 01:11 AM.
  Reply With Quote
01-03-15, 03:32 AM   #69
Exeed
A Defias Bandit
 
Exeed's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Im really looking forward to try this out! Looks very Nice

Can you give us a Timeframe when the first beta relese will be?
__________________
eXeed UI
eXeed´s QuseUI Rework
  Reply With Quote
01-03-15, 05:21 AM   #70
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
syncrow's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by Exeed View Post
Can you give us a Timeframe when the first beta relese will be?
There will be no release! (not these days)
I want to use this thread to get feedback and design proposals, nothing else!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
01-03-15, 05:43 AM   #71
Toidi2k
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6
Very very nice UI Style, i love it. i hope you release this ui here :-)
  Reply With Quote
01-03-15, 07:18 AM   #72
Exeed
A Defias Bandit
 
Exeed's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by syncrow View Post
There will be no release! (not these days)
I want to use this thread to get feedback and design proposals, nothing else!
Really sad to hear that, such a nice ui^^
__________________
eXeed UI
eXeed´s QuseUI Rework
  Reply With Quote
01-12-15, 11:18 AM   #73
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
syncrow's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 149
Talents & Inventory

New interpretation of the TalentUI



ps.: the glyph part is unfinished yet.
__________________

Last edited by syncrow : 01-30-15 at 03:00 AM.
  Reply With Quote
01-13-15, 09:31 PM   #74
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant
 
Tonyleila's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 759
Like the interpretation of TalentUI but have to see it in action to understand what the 2 bars do? Maybe glyphes? If yes how woud one see what glyphes are missing? And all the other important infos ...
Also I'm missing some numbers at what level do this Talent rows get released? Since blizzard is changing it every patch I coud not tell out of my head!

When you are finished with this UI you'll have to update it for the wow Addon that comes after WoD
__________________
Author of: LeilaUI and Aurora: Missing Textures
__________________
  Reply With Quote
01-14-15, 12:01 AM   #75
Phanx
Cat.
 
Phanx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Like the interpretation of TalentUI but have to see it in action to understand what the 2 bars do? Maybe glyphes?
I'm guessing the vertical bar is your current glyphs, and when you mouse over one, the horizontal bar pops up with the glyphs available for that slot.

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
If yes how woud one see what glyphes are missing? And all the other important infos ...
Might be good to add a little space or bar between the major glyphs (I guess those are the top 3) and the minor glyphs (guess those are the bottom 3) but not really necessary, as it seems fairly obvious. I don't know what other info is important, though. I would assume that for both the talent and glyph icons you get a tootlip on mouseover.

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Also I'm missing some numbers at what level do this Talent rows get released? Since blizzard is changing it every patch I coud not tell out of my head!
A good system for that might be to put a dark overlay with a lock icon (copy from the pet battle UI, for abilities your pet needs to level up to unlock) on the talent/glyph icon, and add in the tooltip "Unlocked at level 90" for talents, "Automatically learned at level 30" for auto-learning glyphs, or "Purchased on the auction house" for glyphs you have to buy.
__________________
Author/maintainer of Grid, PhanxChat, oUF_Phanx, and many more.
Troubleshoot an addonTurn any code into an addonMore addon resources
Need help with your code? Post all of your actual code! Attach or paste your files.
Please don’t PM me about addon bugs or code questions. Post a comment or forum thread instead!
  Reply With Quote
01-14-15, 05:49 AM   #76
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
syncrow's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I'm guessing the vertical bar is your current glyphs, and when you mouse over one, the horizontal bar pops up with the glyphs available for that slot.
Thats correct from top to bottom major glyph 1-3 and then the minor ones. But you have to click the instead of mouseover it in order to open the flyout.
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I would assume that for both the talent and glyph icons you get a tootlip on mouseover.
yup.
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
A good system for that might be to put a dark overlay with a lock icon (copy from the pet battle UI, for abilities your pet needs to level up to unlock) on the talent/glyph icon, and add in the tooltip "Unlocked at level 90" for talents, "Automatically learned at level 30" for auto-learning glyphs, or "Purchased on the auction house" for glyphs you have to buy.
i wanna add some tooltip related information about the current state of the talents and glyphs if not available.
__________________

Last edited by syncrow : 01-14-15 at 10:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote
01-18-15, 10:36 PM   #77
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
syncrow's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 149
http://youtu.be/FQzRCuItHWI
http://youtu.be/QFT12nRoPhU
__________________

Last edited by syncrow : 01-18-15 at 11:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
01-20-15, 08:14 PM   #78
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
syncrow's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 149
Experimental Stuff

I was bored last night , and I thought the AFK screen would look too much like ElvUI and not unique enough.

http://youtu.be/471nNVj2zyI

Perhaps a combination of the old and the new one?! So you can still see the environment in the background.
dunno..

Feed pls:
__________________

Last edited by syncrow : 01-20-15 at 08:19 PM.
  Reply With Quote
01-20-15, 10:32 PM   #79
Phanx
Cat.
 
Phanx's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,617
Originally Posted by syncrow View Post
Perhaps a combination of the old and the new one?! So you can still see the environment in the background.
I actually liked the old one, but I've never used ElvUI either. Having some kind of graphical effect like the new one isn't bad, but being able to see the game world seems pretty important. For example, if I'm AFK watching TV while on a long taxi flight, in a queue of some kind, etc. I definitely want to be able to see when I land or the queue pops. Blocking the game world would also be bad for camping rare spawns, being able to react if something hostile suddenly appears, or seeing when someone whispers me. There are plenty of times when I'm AFK in the game without being physically AFK.
__________________
Author/maintainer of Grid, PhanxChat, oUF_Phanx, and many more.
Troubleshoot an addonTurn any code into an addonMore addon resources
Need help with your code? Post all of your actual code! Attach or paste your files.
Please don’t PM me about addon bugs or code questions. Post a comment or forum thread instead!
  Reply With Quote
01-20-15, 11:08 PM   #80
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
syncrow's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I actually liked the old one, but I've never used ElvUI either. Having some kind of graphical effect like the new one isn't bad, but being able to see the game world seems pretty important. For example, if I'm AFK watching TV while on a long taxi flight, in a queue of some kind, etc. I definitely want to be able to see when I land or the queue pops. Blocking the game world would also be bad for camping rare spawns, being able to react if something hostile suddenly appears, or seeing when someone whispers me. There are plenty of times when I'm AFK in the game without being physically AFK.
for some situations such like queue popping, invites or flight path finishing the afk-screen is auto canceled, but you're right. Its looks pretty sick although you can't see anything whats happening while you're afk.

I have plenty ideas...
- afk-chat function where you can use your chat while afk screening or something like that
- bring some option to manually change the appearance (opacity slider for the animation)
- short looped animation movie (bugs bunny cartoon style: where some people running through the screen or some sort of these funny things) (not so serious but possible)
- afk screen music player?
__________________
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » SyncUI - Feedback

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off