07-15-11, 03:03 AM   #1
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
RDX 8.1.1 is available

This new version is easier, user friendly and contains some automatic scripts installation.

Desktop manager

I tried to make it easier to use and I have merged several tools in one control panel, called the desktop manager. To open this tool, right click on the small RDX Icon.

Viewport: You can enable/disable viewport and enter the values of left, top, right, bottom.
WindowList: See the list of available windows of your theme. Opened windows are in green color. Use the button filter to show all windows or to show only windows of the current theme and of the WoWRDX package.
Window Option: Click on a window of your UI to select it. Change the scale, the alplha and the stratum of this window dynamically.
Action bar: Manage your keys bindings on action bar.
GameTooltip: Enable mouse or default position anchor.

Deprecated stuff:
  • The old windows list panel is disabled.
  • The "Layout" link is removed from the menu of each window.
  • The "Close" link is removed from the menu of each window.
  • The action bar links are removed from the main and classic menu.

Autodesk

The desktops settings will no be lost anymore when you install a new version of a theme.

How does it works:
  • At startup, RDX will check if there is a desktop object called autodesk in each user package.
  • If yes, RDX will create a AUI object and 5 copies of the desktop object in the system package "desktops".
  • The 5 copies will be name solo, party, raid, pvp and arena.
  • Windows Party_Main and Patrytarget_Main will be added to the party desktop.
  • Windows Raid_Main and Boss_Main will be added to the raid desktop.
  • Windows Arena_Main, Party_Main, Partytarget_Main will be added to the arena desktop.
  • Windows Raid_Main will be added to the PVP desktop.
  • When you dropped a user package, the associates desktops and AUI will be automatically dropped from the system package.

Deprecated stuff:
  • The personal AUI (using name_realm) will not be created anymore.

Mouse Bindings

I defined a specification. Unitframes will have at least 3 mouse bindings fields. The goal is to make the unitframes more convenient.

HEAL unitframes type: Apply to Player, Pet, Party, Raid, TargetTarget, FocusTarget unitframes.
  • health bar: heal spell
  • power bar: left = target, right = open menu, shift + left = focus
  • decurse field (portrait or texture or color, depend of the theme): Clique on it to decurse.

DMG unitframes type: Apply to Target, Pettarget, Focus, PartyTarget, RaidTarget, Assist, Arena, Boss
  • health bar: damage spell
  • power bar: left = target, right = open menu, shift + left = focus
  • cast bar : left, right = interrupt spell

Of course, all the themes have been updated to meet the specification.

Indicators on Raidframes.
Raidframes of all the themes are using indicators. Red, yellow, green and blue indicators on each corner of each frames. You can customize them, using the filterset Editor.

Main Menu Panel
The main menu panel is hidden by default now. The main menu is usefull only when you customize some windows. You can hide/show it using the small RDX Icon, visibility submenu.

Classic Menu
The classic menu is the small RDX Icon. I added some link to select your theme and the state of the theme.

Cloning a window
You can duplicate a window. Right click on any window (In Unlock mode) and click on Clone link. You will need to enter the new names of the window and the design. Very usefull, when you need to have many buff or debuff windows with different filters.

Key bindings
When you install RDX for the first time, RDX will automatically reaffect the key bindings from the Blizzard buttons to the RDX buttons. You don't need to setup your key bindings anymore.

Cooldowns engine
Now it is possible to indicate on which event the cooldown must start. Check the file RDX\Metadata\Cooldowns.lua

Role Icon
The role Icon have been added to the Party_Main window of all the themes.

Installation
I am very sorry. I will request you to do a complete fresh installation. (Drop your WTF folder).

There are too many modifications on the system packages (default and desktops) and all the themes package have been renamed (drop the suffixes _AUI)

Only for advanced users of RDX: you can do a backup/restore on your personal packages.

Again, I am sorry.

Help

I updated the cooldowns engine, by default cooldowns are listening the event "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS". I know that many cooldowns use other events. Please check the file RDX/Metadata/Cooldowns.lua

Change the event by one of the following available events:
  • SPELL_DAMAGE
  • SPELL_HEAL
  • SPELL_AURA_APPLIED
  • SPELL_AURA_REMOVED
  • SPELL_RESURRECT
  • SPELL_SUMMON

And post me your modifications, so I can update RDX.

If you have any ideas to make RDX more easier or more convenient, do not hesitate to leave a post here.

Any others feedbacks are also welcome.

Thanks you very much.
The RDX Team.
07-15-11, 06:45 AM   #2
Verttex
Super Monkey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is probably supposed to be closed but anyway, I just want to say very nice job on the whole addon in of itself. My hats off to the whole team.

Edit:

Originally Posted by Sigg
If you have any ideas to make RDX more easier or more convenient, do not hesitate to leave a post here.
Nvm

Last edited by Verttex : 07-15-11 at 06:50 AM. Reason: im a sturpid reeder
07-17-11, 10:39 AM   #3
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Thanks Verttex.
07-20-11, 01:16 AM   #4
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
The themes descriptions are available here:

http://www.wowrdx.com/en/projects-featured

More themes are coming !!!!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Support » OpenRDX: General Information » RDX 8.1.1 is available