09-07-12, 12:10 AM   #1
eponine
A Fallenroot Satyr
Dominos - keybind text

Hello,

Posted this in the Dominos comments, but I don't know if he'll respond, so I figured I'd try here in case anyone is very familiar with it. I just switched from Bartender to Dominos thanks to recommendations from these forums, and I really like how easy Dominos is to configure, as well as the docking/stickybars (the reason I switched).

I have just a few questions. I did go through the wiki and through the last few pages of comments but I didn't see them answered. Forgive me if they're there, I must be blind.

1) I would like to show keybinds on some bars but not others (I have some bars hidden, and while I'm very familiar with the ones on my main I sometimes need reminding on my alts, lol). Is it possible to do this?

2) Is it possible to change the font of the keybinds/macro text?

3) In other people's screenshots I am seeing the keybind text appear on the icons of the ability. For me, though, they're appearing above the icons... Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/mnJsO.jpg - I downloaded the most recent version (9/6), still having this problem.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
09-07-12, 02:04 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
#3 is being caused by your Masque skin, probably because it's out of date. Switch to another skin, or ask the author to update.

#2 is possible, but not through the Dominos options. You'd either need a general-purpose font changing addon, or you'd need to write your own little addon to do it. Searching for "font" here on WoWI should give you some options.

I can't answer #1 because I no longer have Dominos installed, and don't feel like downloading it again just to answer your question, sorry.
09-07-12, 07:23 AM   #3
eponine
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks again, Phanx. I'll contact the Masque skin author and look into the font thing.

If anyone knows about #1 please let me know!
09-07-12, 08:28 AM   #4
eponine
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm wondering if anybody knows if I can change the keybinding font by going into the dominos LUA, and if so, which file?

I looked up some global font changing addons, Phanx, but I want to change the keybinding font only, and these addons all seem to change your damage and chat text as well.
09-07-12, 12:15 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You might be able to in the Masque skin's Lua file...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-07-12, 02:23 PM   #6
eponine
A Fallenroot Satyr
Seerah, I did go into the skin's LUA file and was able to fix the keybind text positioning, but there's nothing about fonts whatsoever. I'm guessing the author chose to opt out of font options for his skin.

Is there a code I can put in the LUA to change the font?
09-07-12, 03:04 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by eponine View Post
Seerah, I did go into the skin's LUA file and was able to fix the keybind text positioning, but there's nothing about fonts whatsoever. I'm guessing the author chose to opt out of font options for his skin.

Is there a code I can put in the LUA to change the font?
Not any more. The font options have been removed from Masque. Please see This Thread for how to move that text. The last post is from StormFX, the author of Masque, explaining that the font options have been removed.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-08-12, 05:41 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by eponine View Post
I'm wondering if anybody knows if I can change the keybinding font by going into the dominos LUA, and if so, which file?
In bindableButton.lua, find this line, near the top:
Code:
function BindableButton:UpdateHotkey(buttonType)
After it, add a new line:
Code:
	_G[self:GetName()..'HotKey']:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.ttf", 18, "OUTLINE")
See the SetFont documentation for info about the parameters.

In actionButton.lua, find this line, near the bottom:
Code:
function ActionButton:UpdateMacro()
After it, add a new line:
Code:
	_G[self:GetName() .. 'Name']:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.ttf", 18, "OUTLINE")
In the same places, you could move the text around with ClearAllPoints and SetPoint.

You could also check which button the bar was on, to conditionally show/hide the text only for some bars, but that's more digging through the code of an addon I don't use than I want to do right now, so hopefully someone else can write it up for you, or you can try to figure it out yourself.
09-09-12, 10:01 AM   #9
eponine
A Fallenroot Satyr
Seerah and Phanx,

Thank you, both those worked for me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Dominos - keybind text