12-07-14, 01:31 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Lightbulb Suggestions

Here are a couple of suggestions for future fixes.

1. Allow users to select whether they want (or don't want) the quest log to open and expand (by default) upon loading a new character. Right now, it opens and expands displaying a long list which has to be shrunken down manually and repeatedly on login for each new char.

2. Please add some space into the "Quest Watch" menu bar. Currently, it's very difficult on my high rez monitor to click the exact spot to minimize the list. (Image attached to show the area of concern).

Rythal, you're doing a great job! My suggestions are for when you have time to breathe and maybe clean up a few of these irritating things.

Image of icons overlapping too tightly:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite_overlapping-icons.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	8344  

12-07-14, 02:30 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just make a key bind to minimize / maximize the Quest Watch window until Rythal has a chance to work on it.

Open the default key binding facility ("esc" > "Key Binds"), scroll down til you get to "Carbonite" and look for the key bind. It's already there just not used until you set it. I like to use "(left)alt + W" for my key binding.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

12-07-14, 05:59 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thanks, jeffy162.

I scrolled down (on each of the many categories) but never found one of them that included "Carbonite." Could that be because I'm using the 'github' thing until a release version (alpha or beta or an actual release version) is made available. Maybe the 'github' version is what is preventing me from finding what you referred to? I have no idea. LOL. I didn't know where else to look.

12-08-14, 10:42 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm using the "Github" update, too.

It's under "Other". When I first looked for it, it didn't have the "Carbonite" sub-heading. The options were there, though. Look for "Toggle Watch List Minimize" in the "Other" category. Try that (if it's there) and see if it works for you.

"Carbonite" sub-heading showed up after I "alt + tab"bed out of (to post this) and back in-game again. SHEESHE! The problems we go through to make the game work with addons.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

12-09-14, 02:17 PM   #5
Streatos
A Kobold Labourer
Another Suggestion

Hello All my first time posting to Wow interface ever. But I am also using the Git version till the new one is finished. One suggestion though that i have not noticed in the git version if at all possible but, a way to track timber. Gathermate 2 does not yet have support for timber tracking. Oh and while using carbonite when near timber it wont show up on map as a gold dot (Yes i do have timber tracking on) But anything else I will find I will ask questions and post on about. Oh and my little quest menu sometimes wont let me freely move it or scale it, it just moves up whenever i try to move it or scale it. I know annoying with all the little extra things i keep adding on but ive never posted or asked because i thought someone else would have already asked. Well thanks all to whom answer =)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Suggestions