05-08-12, 08:52 AM   #1
Helln_HiHeels
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
adding a debuff oUF

I use oUF_Drk layout and I would like some direction on how to add Yor'sajh's Deep Corruption debuff on the raid frames (if that is even possible). When I was trying to find an addon which would do the same I stumbled across:

"Deep corruption has one ID for the debuff and one for the stack it seems, i dno how your addon tracks spells, with names or ID's or any other way but.

For my raidframes(i use oUF) i had too track them by ID too get it working.. going by name did not work, working meaning showing stacks and debuff.

Here are the ID's i use if its of any help.

[109389]
[103628] "

over at: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eep-corruption.

and my first reaction was HELL YEAH !! (but quickly realized there was no instruction on just how they accomplished this)

I realize oUF_Drk has not been updated in some time but it is the only layout that I very very much like and want to continue to use. I've been able to bandage some of the other issues I ran up against with help from the forum community so hoping to be able to do more of the same.
05-09-12, 05:12 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. When you ask for help with a specific addon, please include a link to that addon's download page. The less time people have to spend to help you, the more likely they are to spend any time helping you.

2. After a cursory glance at the code from oUF_Drk, it appears you have two options:

a) Add the debuff's name to the raid debuff list in lib.lua starting after line 1204:
Code:
-- raid debuffs
lib.raidDebuffs = function(f)
b) Add the debuff's spell ID to the aura watch list for your class in lib.lua starting after line 1007:
Code:
lib.addAuraWatch = function(self)
I did not read through all of the layout's thousands of lines of code to see which units have raid debuff or aura watch elements, so use whichever is on the unit(s) you want to show the debuff on.

If multiple (de)buffs have the same name, but you only want to track one of them, and you are using the raid debuffs element, you would need to completely rewrite the layout's raid debuff handling to support spell IDs.
05-10-12, 06:12 AM   #3
Helln_HiHeels
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you very much Phanx and I will try and be far more thoughtful in my future requests for help. I do sincerely appreciate your time and efforts.
07-29-12, 03:11 PM   #4
Lysiander
An Aku'mai Servant
In case you are still working on this, this particular Debuff is a bad one. Most variables are identical except that one has a duration and the other does not. If I remember correctly, the stack generator has the duration. The stacks just dissapear once the generator does. I tackled the problem by checking for spellnames for the general display of debuffs and the crosschecking that list with a blacklist of spellIDs. That way, the first check catches both debuffs and the second filters out the stack generator.

After looking quickly at Drk's code (Thanks for the link Phanx), you should be able to fix the issue by doing the following:

in Line 1323 add: (where xxxxx is the spell IDs)
Code:
		local blacklist = {
			[xxxxx] = true
		}
replace lines 1335 to 1347 with the following:
Code:
local debuffs = raid_debuffs.debuffs
local CustomFilter = function(icons, ...)
	local _, icon, name, _, _, _, dtype, _, _, _, _, _, spellID = ...
	if instDebuffs[name] and not blacklist[ spellID ] then
		icon.priority = instDebuffs[name]
		return true
	elseif debuffs[name] and not blacklist[ spellID ] then
		icon.priority = debuffs[name]
		return true
	else
		icon.priority = 0
	end
end
Beware: this is an untested quick and dirty fix. The blacklist can be expanded as needed.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » adding a debuff oUF