08-03-14, 03:21 PM   #3561
Zorn_
A Murloc Raider
I really like this UI, but one thing is driving me nuts: I can't figure out how to configure buff bars. What I would like is the buffs listed vertically, in the style of a bar with the name. Sort of like the Elkano Buffbars addon. I can't at all figure out how to make this happen, Raven seems endlessly complicated. At one point I got it to show up the right way, but then all of a sudden it was giving me 3-4 copies of each buff group and it made no sense.

Anyone able to help?

08-03-14, 07:40 PM   #3562
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Vorl123 View Post
Hello Is there a way to change the size of nibrealui elements? Namely the bossframes. I tried looking through the kui .lua's but to no avail. I can't find anything where I could change the size.

In short: I'm trying to make the boss frames grow from bottom to top and increase their size to "fit" the skada window.

Thanks in advance for any tips
RealUI does not currently have options to change the size or grow direction for the boss frames.

Originally Posted by Jaggz View Post
can i somehow just change the general Font?
so it changes everything, not just chat and tooltip.. i really dislike the pixel fonts a lot of people use but i love this ui.. just the font is driving me crazy

especially questtracking!
Font options can be found at /realadv -> Fonts

Originally Posted by Zorn_ View Post
I really like this UI, but one thing is driving me nuts: I can't figure out how to configure buff bars. What I would like is the buffs listed vertically, in the style of a bar with the name. Sort of like the Elkano Buffbars addon. I can't at all figure out how to make this happen, Raven seems endlessly complicated. At one point I got it to show up the right way, but then all of a sudden it was giving me 3-4 copies of each buff group and it made no sense.

Anyone able to help?
use /raven go to the Bar Groups tab, then the Layout tab. Select the group you want to modify from the "Bar Groups" dropdown menu, and use the options here to get the look you want. If you need to move a group, go to /realadv -> Frame Mover -> Addons -> Raven

If you need additional help, send me a PM with more info about what you are stuck on.

08-05-14, 10:07 AM   #3563
Raitonin
A Kobold Labourer
Is there any settings for DBM positions? Currently, the DBM elements overlaps other elements way too much.

Installed DBM (From Curse, don't know if that matters), Reset RealUI.

Stuff still overlaps.

08-06-14, 10:14 AM   #3564
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by shahad View Post
VEM works and functions exactly like DBM. For all intents and purposes, it is DBM, just with voice-based alerts in addition to the bars. Making RealUI support VEM would be very nice, and I believe they use the same skinning system
I second this.

08-06-14, 10:18 AM   #3565
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Has anyone tried replacing MSBT with a different combat text addon? I usually prefer xCT+ and might try that out instead. Seems that MSBT has a lot of problems with the fonts and whatnot not working correctly.

*edit* nevermind, it seems like the pixel fonts are showing with MSBT just fine. :-)

Last edited by meljen : 08-07-14 at 09:36 AM.

08-06-14, 01:54 PM   #3566
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Raitonin View Post
Is there any settings for DBM positions? Currently, the DBM elements overlaps other elements way too much.

Installed DBM (From Curse, don't know if that matters), Reset RealUI.

Stuff still overlaps.
I have this fixed for the next version, but in the mean time you can position the bars from DBM options.

Originally Posted by meljen View Post
I second this.
I've looked at VEM a bit, and the skinning API for DBM has actually changed such that it is incompatible with what VEM has.

08-06-14, 10:09 PM   #3567
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
I've looked at VEM a bit, and the skinning API for DBM has actually changed such that it is incompatible with what VEM has.
Ah, that's too bad. No worries though. After posting earlier, I simply resized the VEM bars and set them above the combat text and have them matching the UI the best I can.

I have a question - how can I make it so that my pet bar is visible during combat? I love the little arrow to the left to make it show and whatnot, but in combat I'd like to see my pet's activated abilities and their CDs.

Thanks.

*edit* If showing it isn't possible, does anyone have any tips for adding pet abilities to the cooldown icon bar below our characters? I am super new to RealUI.

Last edited by meljen : 08-07-14 at 09:31 AM.

08-07-14, 09:30 AM   #3568
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Loot window conflict / bug

I have another issue I'd like help with. ^_^

I installed this UI yesterday with only Nemo, VEM and Memoria as additional addons to go with it (for my hunter rotation, boss mods, and achievement screenshots). Everything in the UI worked fine.

I then logged back in last night after adding in Cooldown To Go (a little thing that pops up in the middle of my screen for finished/unfinished CDs) and Weak Auras 2 (only for health/power/pet warnings and trap timers). I tried to make sure that no UI elements overlapped with my addditional addons. All of these are positioned up near the top or to the sides of my character.

But now I discovered that my loot window won't respond to clicks at all. It opens and shows what dropped, but I can't click on the item icons or the names to pick them up. Before this happened I was able to hover over the item names and they would light up and I could click to pick them up. Now I have to auto loot if I want to grab anything.

I even tried un-ticking the option to have the window open at my mouse. Nothing changed.

Any idea if there's a conflict with my other addons? I didn't see any errors pop up. I'm sure I'm at fault here though.

Lovely UI by the way, I love all of the little helpful things that pop up, like quest numbers on the minimap and rare alerts - very nice to have that all integrated!

08-07-14, 10:09 AM   #3569
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by meljen View Post
I have another issue I'd like help with. ^_^

But now I discovered that my loot window won't respond to clicks at all. It opens and shows what dropped, but I can't click on the item icons or the names to pick them up. Before this happened I was able to hover over the item names and they would light up and I could click to pick them up. Now I have to auto loot if I want to grab anything.

I even tried un-ticking the option to have the window open at my mouse. Nothing changed.

Any idea if there's a conflict with my other addons? I didn't see any errors pop up. I'm sure I'm at fault here though.

Lovely UI by the way, I love all of the little helpful things that pop up, like quest numbers on the minimap and rare alerts - very nice to have that all integrated!
Do you have auto loot on? Were you looting a container (e.g. lockbox, LFR bag, etc) or a mob? Were there any other frames near the loot window?

08-07-14, 11:40 AM   #3570
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
Do you have auto loot on? Were you looting a container (e.g. lockbox, LFR bag, etc) or a mob? Were there any other frames near the loot window?
I don't keep auto loot on, ever. I had to do 'shift' to auto loot so I could pick things up. I have to do shift to auto loot everything - mobs, containers, etc. otherwise the loot window won't respond to my clicking (other than the little X to close the window, that works).

The window, when it hovers over my mouse or is set to be static, is near the center of my screen... but tends to overlay the player/target frames. However, I didn't have an issue with clicking on it until I installed Cooldown to Go and Weak Auras 2 last night.

I might have to try turning those off one at a time to see if they are causing some kind of strange conflict.

Oh, and I did try reloading. Went in and out of LFR too, and the window still didn't want to let me pick up by clicking on the items in the loot window. :-(

BTW, thanks for responding, it's appreciated!

*edit* Forgot that I also installed Opie.

Last edited by meljen : 08-07-14 at 09:39 PM.

08-10-14, 11:48 AM   #3571
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
An update on my loot window not wanting to respond to clicks, I logged in and it seems to be working, though sometimes an item or two in the window won't respond until I close and re-open the loot window. I can only imagine that there's a conflict somewhere with an addon I have installed.

I do have a question though, about frame rates and whatnot. I really love RealUI. It covers pretty much everything I need, and it's flawless and really nice-looking. But when I have it on, the 'drag' on my frame rate seems heavier. My frame rate also drops. I tried putting ElvUI back on (and I have a million extra addons that I've installed to go along with ElvUI), and my frame rate and 'lag' were noticeably improved.

Are there any elements in RealUI that are heavier on CPU or anything? I don't know much about lua coding and I think this UI is beautifully put together. I am just trying to make sure that I understand what might be going on. As I've said before, my computer isn't the best. I do have the computer settings themselves set to higher performance, and my game is in full-screen windowed (ironically it runs more smoothly that way).

Not sure if anyone can help me out here or not. ^_^

08-10-14, 01:21 PM   #3572
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For the loot window; Next time it happens, type /fstack into the chat window then mouse over a non-responding portion of the loot window and hit Print Screen. Then upload that screenshot here. This may help troubleshoot this problem.

For FPS; RealUI uses a number of large independent addons for features (Raid Frames, Buff Frames, Damage Meters, etc) which can chew up more CPU cycles then if these were stripped down and built into the UI. It's possible one addon in particular is impacting your FPS, or it could be a combination of them. Another possibility to try is to set RealUI's 'Power Mode' to Economy; Click the squarey icon on the bottom left of the screen and you'll find that option in there.

08-10-14, 01:59 PM   #3573
Vamp1r3
A Murloc Raider
Great UI

Great UI i love it but idk if the problem i have is only mine i have to click a couple of times inspect until i get the window to check the gear of the ppl
i hope in wod we will see more improvements
Thank u for ur hard work

08-11-14, 08:20 AM   #3574
zxa
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vamp1r3 View Post
Great UI i love it but idk if the problem i have is only mine i have to click a couple of times inspect until i get the window to check the gear of the ppl
i hope in wod we will see more improvements
Thank u for ur hard work
It's a common problem if you use a lot of addon that inspect people. Just download http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/inspectfix and it will stop all addons from inspecting when the player is. Fixed all issues for me

08-11-14, 08:43 AM   #3575
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by zxa View Post
It's a common problem if you use a lot of addon that inspect people. Just download http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/inspectfix and it will stop all addons from inspecting when the player is. Fixed all issues for me
RealUI has InspectFix built-in (AddOns\nibRealUI\Misc), though it's likely been a while since that has been updated. It would be better to have just one of these running, so you can just drop the new InspectFix.lua into that folder and overwrite.

08-11-14, 03:51 PM   #3576
Sargeres
A Defias Bandit
Hello, i tried to find an answer myself, but couldnt do it. Is there any chance of enabling autorepair?

08-11-14, 08:06 PM   #3577
Llyndis
A Defias Bandit
Saving Profile Help

Hello I am new to using realui. And I was wondering how do I got about saving/creating a profile? I moved around my action bars but everytime I reload the ui they reset. THanks for the help and I love the ui layout.

08-13-14, 09:01 AM   #3578
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Sargeres View Post
Hello, i tried to find an answer myself, but couldnt do it. Is there any chance of enabling autorepair?
There are many minimal addons that enable autorepair. They won't make much impact on your UI or your resources.

08-13-14, 09:51 AM   #3579
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Question Is it possible to enable oUF for arena frames in RealUI?

Time for question of my own for the developers/maintainers...

Is it possible to enable oUF for arena frames in RealUI?
It looks like every frame in the game is successfully reskinned with either oUF or Aurora, except for the arena frames for some reason (sadly, I don't have a screenshot right now for example, but can produce one at home later if needed, lmk). The arena frames are the default blizz ones. I'd love to replace those with oUF and I have a strong programming background, but I'm not proficient with oUF at all. I see that the boss frames are indeed oUF, and they work great, showing me important debuffs on all bosses at a single glance. Something similar would be fine for arena frames.

So to whomever is responsible for modifying RealUI code at request; if you can set the arena frames to also use oUF, I would be much obliged. Also, it would be awesome if you could also add a trinket icon to the left of the arena frames. Example (from oUF Trinkets addon):

Of course, it would be great if there was also an option in the RealUI settings to disable the oUF arena frames, in case some players would prefer to use Gladiator or another arena frame addon. I would like to use oUF that matches RealUI.

Last edited by geekyadam : 08-13-14 at 09:59 AM.

08-13-14, 10:23 AM   #3580
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
For FPS; RealUI uses a number of large independent addons for features (Raid Frames, Buff Frames, Damage Meters, etc) which can chew up more CPU cycles then if these were stripped down and built into the UI.
Do you think you'll ever add in built-in damage meters and such? Personally I prefer using addons for the bigger features, so that they can be independently configured/tweaked/replaced/removed as desired. For instance, I'm not a fan of Cargbags, so I uninstalled it and replaced it with Adibags (far superior imo). And I use two Skada windows in a custom layout that are tweaked to my liking. I request that you don't "hardcode" the bigger features into RealUI just to save some FPS for lower end machines. Just my $.02.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI