09-16-08, 11:24 PM   #1
ywwow
A Murloc Raider

Bug?About the macro command /castsequence

I want to make a macro like this:when no pet,cast Frost Nova;when pet,cast Frost Nova on first click,then cast Freeze on second click.I thought /castsequence may be help,and I wrote the macro:

Code:
/cast [nopet]Frost Nova
/castsequence [pet]Frost Nova,Freeze
But the result was,when the Waterelement cast freeze,it would not go back to Frost Nova,and the Spell CD showed on macro was the same as freeze,not Frost Nova.I added "reset=24",things did not changed.I tryed another macro to find what was wrong:
Code:
/castsequence waterbolt,freeze
the cast blocked at waterbolt.

So it seems castsequence is not able to used for pet spells.But in the ChatFrame.lua,about the command,"unit"can be "player" or "pet";and all the explanation of /castsequence do not mention it could not work on pet,too.

Is it a bug,or something I misunderstand?
09-17-08, 01:34 PM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I know...

A) you cannot use both /cast and /castsequence in the same macro; only one or the other.

B) I don't think /castsequence works for pet abilities but I have never really tested this...

09-17-08, 07:36 PM   #3
ywwow
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
As far as I know...

A) you cannot use both /cast and /castsequence in the same macro; only one or the other.

B) I don't think /castsequence works for pet abilities but I have never really tested this...
A) /cast and /castsequence cannot be used at the same opinion.But in my example it was different.[nopet],cast;[pet],castsequence.And it worked.

B) Yes,it does not work for pet abilities.I just wonder why.I have not seen any instruction about this before.And the code in Chatframe.lua I found showed it was the same as player when used for pet.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bug?About the macro command /castsequence