04-19-08, 01:41 AM   #1
bcsbcs
A Murloc Raider
Possible to change chat channel from a lua script?

Greetings,

I have looked all over and either I'm just not seeing it or its not their but I am trying to find a way of changing the current chat channel from a lua addon.

To simplify I am wanting to do a /p to change my default channel to party from within a lua script as I have a addon that automatically sets the loot mode for FFA but cant get it to put me into group chat automatically too.

If anyone can tell me how this can be done it'd really be nice as I have looked all over before posting this.

Kind regards,

BS
04-19-08, 02:45 PM   #2
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try something like
Code:
SendChatMessage("", "PARTY")
and see if that switches it for you.
04-19-08, 03:22 PM   #3
bcsbcs
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately although it puts a message in the party channel it doesnt actually change it for the next time you press enter.

Regards

BS
04-19-08, 06:40 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Do you use a chat mod that has a sticky chat feature already? If not, then that would probably be the way for you to go.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-19-08, 06:42 PM   #5
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh if you're trying to make party chat sticky then:
Code:
ChatTypeInfo['PARTY'].sticky = 1
04-20-08, 03:48 AM   #6
bcsbcs
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the further suggestions which work fine if you set the channel manually using /p for party but I cant get my script to set me to party chat automatically when forming a group.

Regards

BS

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Possible to change chat channel from a lua script?