04-30-08, 04:53 PM   #1
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons suggesting spells

I know that they aren't supposed to be able to do this, but with some thinking I think I may have though of a way to do it.

My nonsense (probably)
The addon would tell what class you are (they can do that), what spec you are (they can do that), then based on the amount of health lost from raider x suggest a spell that won't over-heal them in the tool tip/box? Even if the addon had to supply itself with names and ranks of spells, this seems possible.

Is it?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense
04-30-08, 06:56 PM   #2
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
I know that they aren't supposed to be able to do this, but with some thinking I think I may have though of a way to do it.

My nonsense (probably)
The addon would tell what class you are (they can do that), what spec you are (they can do that), then based on the amount of health lost from raider x suggest a spell that won't over-heal them in the tool tip/box? Even if the addon had to supply itself with names and ranks of spells, this seems possible.

Is it?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense
An addon can tell you WHAT spell to cast, it just can't cast it for you.

So yes this is possible. It's kind of like combining Dr. Damage and VisualHeal.
04-30-08, 11:48 PM   #3
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Healbot already does this to a limited degree. I don't use it this feature, but it will suggest HoT's and whatnot based on your class and how much damage the target has taken.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addons suggesting spells