07-30-07, 07:26 PM   #1
Tumes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Self Buff/Debuff Bars

I wasn't able to figure this out myself so thought I would ask.

Right now all self buffs and debuffs are displayed as icons around the character's unit frame. Is there a way to change that so that they display as bars like the other countdown and buff bars that display below the HUD?

Thanks in advance.

Tumes
Rogue of Ironforge
07-30-07, 07:57 PM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What addon are you using? A compilation? Maybe a screenshot?

08-01-07, 05:34 AM   #3
Tumes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is just the standard compilation of add-ons included with MazzleUI. I haven't even yet tossed Auctioneer and MobInfo2 back in.

Here is the screen shot. Notice in the lower left hand corner of the screen the character unit frame. I have poisons showing and an Emanation buff.

I would like those to show up as cast bars, rather than just icons with timers beneath them; harder for me to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_080107_072645.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1293  
08-01-07, 08:42 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
ElkBuffBars
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-01-07, 11:11 AM   #5
Tumes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This can't be done natively to MazzleUI?

One other thing, if you take a look at my UI, you'll see the target's health/mana/information bars are offset to the right of their picture frame.

Any idea on how I might fix that?
08-01-07, 11:19 AM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tumes
Remember that MazzleUI is a compilation, thus it's made from a collections of addons. You'll probably get more support if you ask questions in the Mazzle forum.

08-01-07, 12:01 PM   #7
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Seerah
ElkBuffBars
But is it me or is natur enemy castbar (also known as necb) a bit better. Now i know that elkbuffbars can be split and you can put debuffs in 1 corner and buffs in another but from what i have discovered elk has made it so that it even shows the mount as its own bar unless you turn it of, same with auras (for paladins) and such which i find kinda problematic. Necb on the other hand doesn't cover your own long term buffs (such as brilliance) so is there an option that can pull both of the good sides of these mods together and leave out the bad sides?
08-01-07, 12:53 PM   #8
Tumes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
Remember that MazzleUI is a compilation, thus it's made from a collections of addons. You'll probably get more support if you ask questions in the Mazzle forum.
D'oh!! I thought this was the Interface Help forum FOR MazzleUI (I know, I know. You're thinking, "Man, what a noob!" Sorry!).

Is there any way to move this post over to the proper forum or do I need to post again?
08-01-07, 01:53 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Tumes

One other thing, if you take a look at my UI, you'll see the target's health/mana/information bars are offset to the right of their picture frame.

Any idea on how I might fix that?
No, MazzleUI is not set up for bar-style player buffs. (and I don't believe nECB handles player buffs)

As for the other question, you mazzified at wrong aspect ratio. You need to remazzify and select the correct aspect ratio.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-01-07, 02:25 PM   #10
Tumes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The last time I remazzlefied to change the aspect ratio, I lost my key assignments and actions in the Bongos Action Bars.

Is there some way I can save that load out so I can reload if I lose them again? I've saved the action bar layout in Bongos but as I found out the first time I remazzlefied, I lose the key assignments and actions placement.
08-02-07, 06:53 AM   #11
Tumes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Got it all figured out.

Thanks for your help, everyone. It was much appreciated.

I was able to save my actionbar mappings (not the layout) by deselecting the option to have Mazzle add actions for you.

Also installed ElkBuffBars. Wonderful addon; thank you for the tip.

As to filtering out unwanted buffs like mounts and what not, you can do that. Simply click the anchor bar when it's visible, float down to filter, and select the buff or debuff from their groups. It appears that buffs and debuffs are added as they are experienced.

Here is a screenshot. Note that I have the Dragonmaw Disguise but it's not showing in ElkBuffBars (I filtered that out).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_080207_084150.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	1295  
08-02-07, 09:08 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can even create different bar groups for buffs/debuffs. I have a separate one for Ice Block that shows just above my head (so I can click it off when I can get back to dps'ing). So, I blacklisted Ice Block from the normal buff group and white listed it in the new group (so it's the only one that shows).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Self Buff/Debuff Bars