01-19-19, 08:24 AM   #1
Lolzen
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GetSpellCooldown() for party members

I'm assuming on my tests GetSpellCooldown() is restricted to known spells, however nothing in the documention specifically states this as an fact.
Is it restricted that way?

If so, is there anything i can use to get a cooldown from a spellid which does NOT have these restrictions?

https://github.com/Lolzen/Namerakana...aster/core.lua
unfinished, unpolished, sligthly out of date, etc. just for reference

Last edited by Lolzen : 01-19-19 at 08:26 AM.
02-03-19, 09:56 PM   #2
Nightness
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Lolzen View Post
I'm assuming on my tests GetSpellCooldown() is restricted to known spells, however nothing in the documention specifically states this as an fact.
Is it restricted that way?

If so, is there anything i can use to get a cooldown from a spellid which does NOT have these restrictions?

https://github.com/Lolzen/Namerakana...aster/core.lua
unfinished, unpolished, sligthly out of date, etc. just for reference
Functions that work on other units typically start with "Unit". There wouldn't be a passive way to do this. You could write an addon that everyone in the group chooses to run, that uses SendAddonMessage to report this information directly to the group leader.

If this doesn't help, I'm probably misunderstanding what you are trying to do.
02-07-19, 07:45 AM   #3
Lolzen
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Nightness View Post
Functions that work on other units typically start with "Unit". There wouldn't be a passive way to do this. You could write an addon that everyone in the group chooses to run, that uses SendAddonMessage to report this information directly to the group leader.

If this doesn't help, I'm probably misunderstanding what you are trying to do.
Thanks, you're not missing anything. Actually a solution which would be preferable for me.
I've also found LibCooldownTracker which kinda solves this, but bulks up pretty much to my tastes.
I've given up on this for now because several other unforseen complications which at first seemed like a really easy to do project.
02-14-19, 02:15 AM   #4
Nightness
An Aku'mai Servant
Nice idea from the dev that made that; all you need to do is know CD times and watch for spell casts... Although that only will work if you are in range to detect the spell casts, the point being it could become out of sync or incorrect.

Last edited by Nightness : 02-14-19 at 02:19 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » GetSpellCooldown() for party members