01-10-11, 07:50 AM   #1
sparker3669
A Kobold Labourer
Premium Member
Druid Feral Cat addons and ui mods

Ok this probably has been asked but searching didn't revel much for what I am looking for.

I am a level 64 feral druid in outlands right now. Am not a pvp'r nor do I do dungeons at this time. Will get into dungeons later as I have issues with following critter attacks and such. I am looking for a nice ui to give me access to a wide range of spells and such I run a 24" lcd at max res so I have some good screen real estate. I currently am using for addons FBNlite (just installed not used it yet) Questhelper2 Titanpanel Gatherer Gathermate2 Auctionator Auctioneer Auction Profit Master. Would like some druid specific addons that would help me or some other general addons.

I am not happy with the default minimap was using carbonite but it got a bit unruly at times so if anyone can recommend a nice map replacement or enhancement that would be great. Also would be nice since I use wowhead for quest help to get something to set waypoints to the coords they supply as well as something to display them prominently

Again I apologize if asked before but tried searching but my results were not what I was really looking for.

TIA
01-11-11, 05:14 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is an own category filled with druid-specific addons here on wowinterface.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat56.html
01-11-11, 07:22 AM   #3
sparker366
Premium Member
Premium Member
Re

Thanks for that. Already aware of that section. Was actually looking for personal recommendations from other cat dps'ers as to what they use and how they have there ui setup.

If you couldn't get the inference from the post I am not a technical player actually just am a normal type player that doesn't worry about all the extra mechanics and such but is getting high enough in lvls now that it would be best to .

Well I guess I can play around with some of those in that section
01-11-11, 07:35 AM   #4
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Hi,

I'm mainly tank spec, but I do occasionally go kitty DPS.

Whilst kitty is fairly demanding I have found that you only need 2 things to improve your UI:

1) A Buff/Debuff timer (I use NeedToKnow)
2) Decent Unit Frames

The rest of your UI is up to what your own needs demand.
01-11-11, 08:44 AM   #5
sparker366
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by yj589794 View Post
Hi,

2) Decent Unit Frames
Ok what are Unit Frames. Sorry for the noobie question. Can you give me an example of what you use for them.
01-11-11, 09:28 AM   #6
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Unit Frames are, quite literally, the frames that display unit information.

The default unit frames are the ones in the top left corner that display portrait, health bar, power bar, etc.

While they display the information correctly, their style and position do not lend them selves to being able to quickly read the information.

For addons that replace the default unit frames look here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat21.html
12-22-11, 12:42 PM   #7
caliokiegirl
A Defias Bandit
Cool Kitty Add-ons

I have a 85 feral kitty. I just love catrotationhelper, and nUI for graphic interface. They don't do the work for you, but they really help point you in the right direction. I used to have a couple others I really liked, but unfortuately they didn't get updated for Cata, and don't work correctly anymore. Hoped that helped a little.
12-22-11, 12:50 PM   #8
Vlad
A Molten Giant

What machine spec are you using? How much free HD space left and any solid state HDD for the game? What is the lowest FPS you can get in for example Alterac Valley -how is the fps at the start of the game when all are gathered in one spot?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Druid Feral Cat addons and ui mods