08-03-11, 09:58 AM   #1
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mac Lua Editor

I've been using Smultron as my add-on IDE for a long time. It has all the features I need: lua/xml coloring and saving sets of files as projects. But it has a problem: the files at the sidebar cannot be arranged by folders or groups, which can become quite messy when working on projects with many many files.

So, does anyone know an editor compatible with Lion that has this 3 features? I've looked at the wowwiki list, but the only one which appears to have it is TextMate. And I don't want to buy it before being sure it fulfills my needs and that there is not one better (or cheaper) out there.

Thank you in advance,
Jaliborc
08-03-11, 10:54 AM   #2
Crapa
A Kobold Labourer

I'm using TextWrangler.
You can give it a try but I don't know if it will fit your needs as I only use it for basic lua editing.
It's available on the Mac Appstore for free.
08-03-11, 11:48 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you looked at Geany? The link will take you to the "About" page, and it says it works on MacOS X, but I have no idea what the differences are between OS X and Lion. Not a "Mac guy".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
08-03-11, 02:13 PM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There's Sublime Text (which is scary fast) and there's also Sylvanaar's Lua plugin (which works excellently) for IntelliJ (the Community Edition is free).

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
08-03-11, 03:06 PM   #5
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
There's Sublime Text (which is scary fast) and there's also Sylvanaar's Lua plugin (which works excellently) for IntelliJ (the Community Edition is free).
Both of them appear good, but none appears to have the feature I am missing: being able to have a sidebar of files organized by folders/groups of my choice.
08-04-11, 01:07 AM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unless I'm missing something specific you're wanting, Sublime has that capability...I can drag the folders for several AddOns or even individual files to the sidebar and there they are...

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » Mac Lua Editor