01-21-11, 09:50 AM   #1
Mask647
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
debuff lists/aurafilters

Hi Sigg!

thanks for a great RDX8.0

I have started some customization of raid frames from WOWRDX package (old konyagi). There are debuff icons showed from the left.

All sort of debuffs are under @other filter.

1. are there any orther @XXX filters, most wanted with crowd control debuffs (sheeps, novas, fears)
2. if i try to define needed auras with edit aurafilter and got a long list, game starts to lag and freeze. Maybe there are some more effective ways to filter auras.

Thanx alot in advance
Cheers
01-21-11, 10:10 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Sorry there is no other code.

I don't know for the lag you have as I've never use a long list of aura.

I will make some tests and let you know.
01-22-11, 07:07 AM   #3
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
im using a big auralist for raiddebuffs (currently 58 debuffs in that list) and i dont have any problems with lags or game-freezes.
however, if you edit the aura-list from the windows dropdown-menu, i think the window gets rebuild after closing that editor ?
rebuilding my raid-window while inside a raidgroup tends to create long game-freezes for me, the more players there are in the raid the longer it freezes, going to the extrem of completely killing the game in a full 25+ person raidgroup. maybe this is your problem ?

in regards to this problem, i remember from some other addon (i believe it was some thing that generated optimal routes from a set of gathering nodes), the calculation also caused the client to freeze till it was done, but there was an option called "background mode" or something like that. it would cause the calculation to take a lot longer but not freeze the client. maybe something like this could be added to the window-building functions ?
01-22-11, 05:41 PM   #4
Diatrive
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I also show every single type of debuff in my frames, and even in AV with 4 deep on 40 people I don't have an issue. It may be something else.
01-23-11, 05:44 AM   #5
Mask647
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for replys.

maybe my machine is old and slow.

i thought it is because of auralist and rdx as i used alterac with 40ppl to organize auralist by put there @other, then !XXX to exclude "trash" debuffs, and then put names of needed debuffs. And with every new bunch of lines in aure list filter my fps went lower and lower, from 25-30fps to 5-10fps.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » debuff lists/aurafilters