06-11-11, 05:07 AM   #1
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Question to VFL profiling and screen freeze

Good day,

at first i have to thank you for such a great addon.

But there is one thing that a bit annoys me, before i installed RDX, i had 0 problem with periodic screen freeze. Upon installing RDX, my screen freezes each roughly 3 seconds, the freeze is lasting for about 0,3-0,5 second, this happens only if i have other addons loaded, basically, the more addons like CombustionHelper ( as stated in some other topic, too hard to reproduce in RDX ) the more visible it is starting with objects in close proximity and with more addons its visible on objects far away from me. It happens ONLY when running RDX with those addons, if i disable RDX and use my previous UI that uses hell a lot more CPU and memory, not to mention the number of addons, its not happening.

On RDX site there is a little info about VFL profiler, i have it running, but i actually dont know how to read the data correctly. Is it possible to explain how to read the informations in the profiler in case i could see if the problem is caused by some addon that is interfeering with RDX in some way.

I am sorry if it is a dumb question, but the little freezes are getting me crazy. I do not want to give up on RDX, but constantly unloading and loading addons every time i want to go into dungeons/raids is not what like.

As of computer that i use and to clarify its not the computer, i am using intel i975 with 6GB 1866MHz memory triple channel, ROG 5870P as well as win 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for any answer

Best regards
Alianka

Last edited by Alianka : 06-11-11 at 05:08 AM. Reason: typo
06-12-11, 04:27 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hi Alianka
Remember to disable the profiling tool when playing
This tool can do your freeze. Use it only when testing

Try to disable addon per addon to identify the problem one
Wait for rdx 8.1 for more cool stuff like combustion

Thats all i can say for the moment
Sorry
06-12-11, 01:11 PM   #3
Alianka
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thank you a lot.

I have tried to disable addon one by one to try to identify the problem as well as different set of addons, but no luck. I tried this roughly four weeks go. Since i didnt have any luck, i have asked here, ofc profiling was disabled when playing. The only conclusion i have that with addons i use it doesnt matter which addons i am running with RDX, its about the amount of addons and that never happened before. When replying now, i realise that apart form auctioneer, all other addons use combat log and chat in some way and since now i remember that one addon causes error every time he tries to parse /s in chat, maybe thats the problem that the addons are unable to read from combat log if it is even possible ??? I will focus on it now. I should have figured this before i was asking here, apologies.

As of the 8.1 you mentioning, cant wait

Best regards
Alianka

Last edited by Alianka : 06-12-11 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Question to VFL profiling and screen freeze