11-12-09, 05:19 PM   #1
alexander1977
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation no data for parties quests

when im questing with a friend and click "show parties quests" it shows the quests their on, but when i mouse over the box or pull up the quests i get no information about the quests that their on. but i do for my quests.
if ive done it all ready or havent gotten to that quest, i cant really help him. there is no details about his quests at all. we both have the same version of carb, can you help with this? let me know if you need more details.

11-12-09, 05:37 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I may be wrong, but I believe that is working as intended. It has always worked that way for me as well.

Carbonite does not (that I'm aware) have a database that lists the text of every single quest in game, therefore, unless you have the quest yourself, you will not be able to see the pop up box like you can when you mouseover your own quests.

I think the sheer amount of data/work/memory to do that would be overkill for 99% of user's needs.

You "should" be able to see all the quest names and quest objectives fellow Carb users have in their quest logs when partied with them though.

11-12-09, 07:14 PM   #3
Thander
A Theradrim Guardian
I think only Lightheaded does that. It has a database of every quest in the game pulled from Wowhead. It has multiple load on demand databases, but the memory footprint can still get pretty high.

Edit: Ah yes, I guess I was lightheaded myself hehe.

Last edited by Thander : 11-13-09 at 11:35 AM.

11-13-09, 10:31 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Lightheaded.

11-13-09, 04:25 PM   #5
alexander1977
A Murloc Raider
i know it has the data for the quests, becuase i did them, it should show me the data again for when my party members do them, it would make it easyer to help them. i dont under stand why

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I may be wrong, but I believe that is working as intended. It has always worked that way for me as well.

Carbonite does not (that I'm aware) have a database that lists the text of every single quest in game, therefore, unless you have the quest yourself, you will not be able to see the pop up box like you can when you mouseover your own quests.

I think the sheer amount of data/work/memory to do that would be overkill for 99% of user's needs.

You "should" be able to see all the quest names and quest objectives fellow Carb users have in their quest logs when partied with them though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » no data for parties quests