07-25-10, 03:46 AM   #1
n00blet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

how to refer to subframe dimensions?

greetings, community.

before i found openRDX right here at wowinterface, i just never thought that addon with so great power and flexibility may really exist.

atm i'm extensively learning how to create own UI with OpenRDX and, at the same time, trying to introduce myself to lua scripting.

so here's the first question that i failed to find answer to on my own:

in unitframe/artframe editor, when setting width/height of subframes/statusbars/textures/etc, it is available to refer to BaseWidth and BaseHeight (can even set, for example, BaseWidth/2 or BaseHeight-10...) - and sometimes it is extremely useful to say the least.

BUT. is there any way to access other objects' dimensions (from the same unitframe/artframe of course)?

for example - to make HP (and hidden under it predicted HP) status bars always be the same size and shape as their owner subframe - no matter what dimensional changes i do to this subframe.

my aim is to avoid as much absolute dimensions in favor to relative ones as it's possible. frames will be much easier to reconfigure (if ever needed) that way.
07-25-10, 05:14 AM   #2
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
You can use "Variable: Static Value:" for your main frame and then use these values as you need.
07-25-10, 07:33 AM   #3
n00blet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

silly me. a stack of thanks.
12-07-10, 06:03 AM   #4
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
It seems like adding OwnerWidth and OwnerHeight to the list of height/width variables would be very intuitive; I know that's how I originally thought they should work.

I tried doing this method, and it seems I can't do any kind of modifications to the BaseHeight/Width (e.g. BaseWidth-6) in the static variable. I want my window's frames to scale based on how big the overall frame is. Is this the best method for doing so?
01-19-11, 10:48 PM   #5
unlimit
Lookin' Good

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The addition of OwnerHeight/OwnerWidth would be extremely helpful.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » how to refer to subframe dimensions?