04-02-11, 04:46 PM   #1
Lawura
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Frame level / Strata

Greetings again.

So I am moving forward with my ui build on RDX. I am really new the addon, but am starting to get taste of it. Yet the massivity of the whole thin s a bit of comfusing considering the lack of documentation present. I have honestly tried to serach forums for the answer on my topic, but obviously either not found it or missed. The last I appologies for if such accure.

My problem is:
I have a few windows. As example I have an artwork and a Player frame. I would like the arwork graphic to remain on the most low strata, while in Player prame Id like to have a graphics level and the players frames (such as mana bar, name ect.) and to ve placed above the artwork.

I have looked into Xenora UI, and there the action bars, chat and map are placed in same window as panel artwork. Is that correct way to do it, or is it better to split the parts of UI in different windows?

I have tried to split them in different windows. But then I come to point where the graphics of panel constantly overlap whatever I am trying to put over it.

I have tried adding a frame with frame levels, but it doesnt appear to help a lot.

So what would be the correct way to adjust strata between the windows and inside the one and how to do it?
04-06-11, 03:53 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello Lawura

Create many subframes with differents layer level.

Set the owner(subframe) on each element.

See our designer tutorials on this website:
http://www.wowrdx.com

Cheers

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Frame level / Strata