02-03-08, 05:07 PM   #1
Dissy
A Murloc Raider
Checklist2 Help

I just downloaded this mod and for the life of me, can't get WoW to recognize it. The file folder is labeled "Checklist2b2" and I thought perhaps that was the problem. "Checklist2" does not work either.

Can anybody help me on getting WoW to recognize this addon?
02-03-08, 06:10 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just installed that addon earlier this morning and had no issues with it. But, the zip file itself is named "Checklist2b2.zip", and the folder inside of the zip file is named Checklist2.

It sounds almost like you have file extensions hidden on your computer and haven't yet unzipped the file. Could that be it?
02-03-08, 07:11 PM   #3
Dissy
A Murloc Raider
When I download it (like I have all other addons), it is automatically unzipped for me. I get a folder named "Checklist2b2". If you open that folder, it is full of libs and stuff (71 items). No other folder. I've got a ton of addons and have never had a problem downloading them and just dropping them into my addons (unless they have to be un-nestled). I have a mac and extensions is not something I have to deal with. I'm just at a lost as to why this particular one won't get recognized.

Last edited by Dissy : 02-03-08 at 07:14 PM.
02-03-08, 09:26 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You must not have extracted it correctly, then. Because inside of that zip file there is indeed a Checklist2 folder, a libs folder, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-04-08, 11:55 AM   #5
Dissy
A Murloc Raider
Well not sure what is going on, and I don't think you know how a mac works with extracting. But the folder I download is titled as I said, and when I open it up, all the libs are individual and not in any folder. I don't believe it is possible to unzip a file and in the process destroy folders and move contents around. As I said, I run about 50+ addons and I consistently update them. I know how to download an addon and drop it in my warcraft folder.

I did download an older version, checklist (no 2 at the end) and that worked just fine. Peaking inside I knew then that the most recent version isn't set up the same, not sure why. Anyway, I'll just use the old version.

Last edited by Dissy : 02-04-08 at 11:59 AM.
02-04-08, 12:16 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's nothing wrong with the newest file of Checklist

02-04-08, 01:02 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't use Checklist2, but before making the above post, I downloaded the file and checked the folder structure. And, yes - it is possible to destroy folder hierarchy when extracting.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-04-08, 01:54 PM   #8
Dissy
A Murloc Raider
oh well, then I give up. I have never had this problem, and I am still fine with every other addon but this one. Since all other addons download just fine (even the prior versions), I still say it has something to do file or the way it was zipped. I had my son download it also on his computer (another mac) and it is downloading the same way it is for me. My conclusion is that it is not in a mac friendly extractable format.

UPDATE:

per Quezacolt

"Yes, there was a change in the way the files were zipped - earlier versions were zipped with WinRAR, while 2.0 was zipped with WoW UI Designer. It works fine on my PC though.

I have just uploaded a new copy zipped with WinRAR, which hasn't let me down yet."

Last edited by Dissy : 02-05-08 at 10:19 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Checklist2 Help