06-05-13, 05:21 PM   #1
Aerials
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cancel buffs...?

I can kinda (sometimes) get buffs to cancel, but only out of combat, using code from Caellian's layout... but that code doesn't support canceling during combat... XPERL dows cancel auras in combat, so I know it's a possibility, but I can't figure out how to do it in an oUF layout.

My guess is that the 'buttons' don't exist until the buff is added to the player in oUF, whereas they are probably created when the unit frame spawns, but blank until filled in XPERL, this is all I can think of that would make sense with this issue.

I think this was on purpose, I don't think Haste wanted to support player frame buffs, but I'm basically wondering if I'm wrong about something so far, which would mean that this is a possibility without changing how the buff frames are created.

tl;dr: does oUF support canceling player buffs in combat (without using the blizzard buff frame) without making big changes?
06-05-13, 05:25 PM   #2
Aerials
If this isn't possible, why does oUF register the buff buttons for right clicks (up)? what is that supposed to accomplish?
06-05-13, 05:33 PM   #3
Aerials
Sorry y'all, I found it searching the forum.
06-06-13, 12:51 AM   #4
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The function CancelBuff() is a protected function, and the only two ways of using it is either on a secure button or while out of combat.

The reason oUF has yet to implement this is because with the secure feature we would lose all kinds of filtering and sorting possible on the buffs.

It is, or at least was in the plans to add a new element to oUF, independant of the current buff system.
However, the current status makes it more feasible to get a proper buff addon.
06-06-13, 09:06 AM   #5
Aerials
Thanks for the response, yesterday I found a bunch of stuff about the SecureAuraHeaderTemplate, but decided eventually that I'd rather just use a buff addon or not bother.

I think that for now I'm going to settle for out of combat canceling for myself, but just leave player buffs being handled by the default blizzard frame if I decide to post this layout on wowinterface.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Cancel buffs...?