10-20-08, 12:50 AM   #61
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
2) Has anyone figured out the situation for the red agro screen, and if so, how hard is it to implement into a fresh ui?
Reading this just gave me an idea of how to do the flash. I'm gonna give it a try and I'll let you all know how it goes.
10-20-08, 01:20 AM   #62
PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
A Murloc Raider
Hmmm... Is there anyway anyone can post a screen of the way the mage and priest layout was pre this patch.

I didn't take a screenshot or video of the previous layouts.

Would be greatly appreciated.
10-20-08, 01:25 AM   #63
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by malathar View Post
Reading this just gave me an idea of how to do the flash. I'm gonna give it a try and I'll let you all know how it goes.
Ohh, I think I know where you're going with it . You grabbing from the

-A G G R O-
. ^
< . >
. V

That thing? ^
10-20-08, 01:57 AM   #64
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Well .. my first idea was to create an eePanel and attach it to the LowHealthFrame, which is what Banzai alert flashes. But that ended up making the entire screen flash like the old VRAlert addon made it turn blue. heh. Still thinking hard about it though.
10-20-08, 02:03 AM   #65
PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
A Murloc Raider
One more prob Ive noticed. I dont see the loot box.

How do i enable it?
10-20-08, 02:09 AM   #66
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Going into the blizzard interface options and turning off autoloot should do the trick. Or holding down shift when you loot.

escape -> interface -> controls -> uncheck auto loot

UI is using xLoot, and I have it set to not show the loot box when you autoloot.
To change this ...

/xloot options

Behavior Options -> uncheck "hide frame when autolooting"
10-20-08, 02:24 AM   #67
PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
A Murloc Raider
Dont have auto loot on. I've never liked it. But I cant see the loot table anyway... hmmm.
10-20-08, 04:13 AM   #68
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by PlUmPaSsChIcKeN View Post
Dont have auto loot on. I've never liked it. But I cant see the loot table anyway... hmmm.
I'm not sure what the problem could be then. Try disableing all the xloot addons in the addon list at your character screen.
10-20-08, 04:18 AM   #69
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Ok, I got the panel turning red on aggro. It doesn't flash, but the whole panel turns red while you have aggro. Although this combined with BanzaiAlert, makes it feel like its flashing. =)

I did this using kgpanels, beacuse eePanels script editing window is broke. So I plan on changing the rest of the panels from eePanels to kgpanels. Anyways, here's the script I used.

In the OnLoad section I put:
Code:
self:Hide()
self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE")
self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")
In the OnEvent section I put:
Code:
if event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" and arg1 == "player" then
  self:Show()
elseif event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" and arg1 ~= "player" then
elseif event == "PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED" then
end
You wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure out that ~= was the LUA version of !=

Last edited by malathar : 10-20-08 at 04:22 AM.
10-20-08, 01:45 PM   #70
Hawkblade
A Murloc Raider
malathar,

I'm using KGPanels also and have been trying to get the "red panel agro" to work as this is something I really miss.

Looking at your code I'm a little unclear as to how this would color my panels red with agro, I understand the event firing and arg1 == "Player" but could you explain how self:show() would turn my panel red ?

Many thanks
10-20-08, 01:50 PM   #71
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Oh sorry I should have clarified. You need 2 sets of panels. First set is your normal panels you see all the time. Don't put the code in this first set or they will be disappearing on you too.

Then create a 2nd set of panels that are the same size. Make the borders translucent, and make the color Red, and completely opaque. Set These panels to be 1 level higher than the first set so they cover them up. Then throw the above code in the 2nd set of panels and there you go. The 2nd set should only pop up when you get aggro, and they'll hide when you lose aggro.

I'm sure this isn't the only way it can be done, I know that on wowace.com theres script examples that show you how to color the panel based on class, so you could just replace the "self:Show()" part with the code to change the color, and "self:Hide()" part with the code to change it back. But kgpanels uses very little resources so its not a big deal having extra panels.

Last edited by malathar : 10-20-08 at 01:53 PM.
10-20-08, 02:23 PM   #72
Hawkblade
A Murloc Raider
<V8 Slaps Head>

Thats a VERY obvious solution.... 2 sets of frames, my brain wasn't thinking along those lines but it's so obvious now!!!!

And yes, I was looking at setting the color of the panels instead, but as you rightly said, the overhead on KgPanels is so minimal compared to the other addons that using 2 sets of frames is totally viable.

Many thanks again

Thinking this might work for a single frame solution :-

OnLoad section:

Code:
self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE")
self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")
OnEvent section:

Code:
if event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" and arg1 == "player" then
  self:SetBackdropColor(255,0,0,0.75)
elseif event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" and arg1 ~= "player" then
  self:SetBackdropColor(0,0,255,0.75)
elseif event == "PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED" then
  self:SetBackdropColor(0,0,255,0.75)
end
On the WowAce forums kagaro says to make sure to set your background to None to allow this to work.

Last edited by Hawkblade : 10-20-08 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added some test code
10-20-08, 04:26 PM   #73
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Nice, the main reason I prefer to have 2 sets is because my first set is done with eePanels2. I'm using 3 panels that over lap each other and in KgPanels they border lines can be seen through the panels where they overlap. eePanels2 hides the border lines making it look like its 1 complete panel.

On another note, I have a few updates to the UI but I don't want to upload it just yet, wanna wait to see if DUF is gonna get updated within the next couple of hours.
New features are
-red panels for aggro alert
-added menu/bag bar where they were before
-added context menu
-added 1 hotspot to show/hide the context menu and menu/bag bar

Anyone know how to create a macro that will do a /slash command on left click and a different one on right click? Would like to make the menu/bag bar and context menu showing seperate instead of together.
10-21-08, 07:42 PM   #74
alayane
A Murloc Raider
Question for ya mala. I tried the ui you had posted and it looks really nice except all the placements are off on my screen. Is it possible to config a 1.6 aspect ratio wtf folder?
10-21-08, 07:55 PM   #75
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by alayane View Post
Question for ya mala. I tried the ui you had posted and it looks really nice except all the placements are off on my screen. Is it possible to config a 1.6 aspect ratio wtf folder?
I don't have a clue how to do that at all. MazzleUI's mazifier is what allowed it to cater to various screen resolutions. I barely know a little bit of C+ coding, much less LUA and XML.
10-21-08, 07:56 PM   #76
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Please don't be angry about this double post, it's to hopefully reduce questions relating to misplaced bars / add ons in general. Also posted in the other 'replacement' thread.

@folks who upload
If you upload a ui to 'anywhere', and don't want complaints, it would be a good idea to include a readme* file that is a "how to" instruction manual for setting it up. Included should be ui scale, resolution (if using a wtf folder), and any other information you think would be relevant to your ui.

@users
Please look for a readme* document that explains relevant information about the ui you are attempting to use.

I know Mala put a *readme doc in their ui (or wtf) upload. If you have any questions and haven't read it, please do so before posting questions that's likely been answered.

*Not directed at anyone, just putting the crystal ball to good use*.
10-21-08, 08:00 PM   #77
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't have a clue how to do that at all. MazzleUI's mazifier is what allowed it to cater to various screen resolutions. I barely know a little bit of C+ coding, much less LUA and XML.

Check in video settings to see the resolution you are set at mala. Also note ui scale with res in readme doc. This will help resolve some of these type questions.
10-23-08, 01:03 PM   #78
malathar
A Cliff Giant
MalaUI has been updated to v2.0. Be sure to download the addon pack and wtf again because I changed a few addons as well as a few of them were updated.
10-23-08, 01:38 PM   #79
gent
A Murloc Raider
MalaUI has been updated to v2.0. Be sure to download the addon pack and wtf again because I changed a few addons as well as a few of them were updated.
nice, I'll go check it out, I'm liking your setup more-so than others but moving stuff around not quite so much lol

going to have to figure out your panels, so I can re-arrange for wide-aspect

Last edited by gent : 10-23-08 at 02:03 PM.
10-23-08, 02:25 PM   #80
Lokomotion
A Defias Bandit
This is my UI,

solo with target

in group/raid

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » *Temporary Replacement?*