08-08-13, 01:14 AM   #1
Aeicor
A Murloc Raider
Request: Revamped nUI HUD

After having nUI damn near since it was first released, I haven't had any desire to change UI mods since mid-WotLK. I have recently, however, decided that my screen was very cluttered, what with the curved HUD, and putting MSBT to curve with it. I just wasn't really able to enjoy the art that Blizzard had created. I found the Tidyplates Neon HUD alternative, which I thought was absolutely incredible, as it removed a LOT of clutter around the screen. After a couple of months, I noticed that I still felt too cluttered, and had the thought of a horizontal HUD, which was already implemented, the Simple HUD. However, this HUD display lacked functionality, and a nice flow to it. Using the almighty MSPaint (Since I don't have Photoshop ), I took a few screenshots, moved some text around, and voila! I have, what I think, is a great new Simple HUD display! Now, the only problem is... I don't know how to code, or do anything fancy like Spiel, and community members know how to do, so if anyone could help make this picture an nUI reality, it would be MUCH appreciated!

Now to explain the picture, a bit. The bar is Health/resource, with the triangles tracking them. Center of the bar would be 0HP/0Resource, with your target on the right, and yourself on the left. One thing that TidyNeon HUD didn't display was Target buffs, which would be on top of the bar, branching from the center of the bar to the right. And your played character's applied debuffs, in this case, Aeicor's, would be displayed below the bar, branching to the right. Aeicor's debuffs would be displayed below the bar, branching left. DK runes, Monk's chi, Pally holy power, etc would be displayed below the debuff line, and below that the range indicator.

If anyone could make this a reality, It would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI simple HUD revamp.png
Views:	479
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	7807  

Last edited by Aeicor : 08-08-13 at 01:27 AM.

08-08-13, 06:00 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That HUD is a nifty concept. I think we can make that happen, for sure, in nUI6. It would be up to others if they wanted to take a shot at it in nUI5.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-08-13, 10:06 AM   #3
Aeicor
A Murloc Raider
Wow, that's awesome! Glad you like it enough to actually put it into nUI6! Now I REALLY can't wait for the release of nUI6

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Request: Revamped nUI HUD