07-22-10, 03:57 PM   #1
iNoob
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Embedding - Hmm..

No matter what layout im trying to do this with, I simply cant get it to work. The layout will throw a lua error (as if oUF wasn't there(which it isn't, I wanna embed it))

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I know it's not a hella' lotta' info, but I'm doing exactly as you are instructing me to
07-22-10, 08:53 PM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by iNoob View Post
No matter what layout im trying to do this with, I simply cant get it to work. The layout will throw a lua error (as if oUF wasn't there(which it isn't, I wanna embed it))

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I know it's not a hella' lotta' info, but I'm doing exactly as you are instructing me to
How are you trying to do this? It's not like we know anything about what you've tried and what you've done.

To me it just sounds like you aren't loading the oUF core files before the layout in your embed setup. That's really all the help I can give you based on the information you've posted.
07-23-10, 12:54 AM   #3
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The guide is very helpfull, so if you followed the instructions, you should be fine...

I simply added
Code:
## X-oUF: PSoUF

PSoUF\oUF.xml
in my .toc and
Code:
local oUF = ns.oUF or oUF
assert(oUF, "<name> was unable to locate oUF install.")
in my layout-file.

The folder PSoUF is a copy of the original oUF-folder, only renamed it, nothing changed in the sources (k, I have changed something in there, otherwise there would be no need to embed oUF, but it has nothing to do with the embedding itsself).
07-23-10, 02:19 PM   #4
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Mischback View Post
(k, I have changed something in there, otherwise there would be no need to embed oUF, but it has nothing to do with the embedding itsself).
I can think of reasons to embed other than that. I don't think you should be distributing an edited oUF, personally.
07-23-10, 02:25 PM   #5
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Releasing a layout with a nice feature is pointless, if the feature is not working due to a known bug in oUF... So I embedded it for the current release and will thankfully remove the embedded oUF once the bug is fixed.
07-23-10, 02:39 PM   #6
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Oh, sorry for assuming the worst.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Embedding - Hmm..