09-16-16, 11:07 AM   #1
Swirrel
An Aku'mai Servant
Carbonite Quest turned on, but not showing

So tonight Carbonite Quest started acting up. So I came to this forum to see if anyone else had experienced any bug or issues related to my own. It doesn't seem so, but I noticed someone telling someone else to update his/her addon for the latest on Github, so I thought I'd check if there was a newer version than the one I had from a few days ago.
There was, so I got that. Having placed them in the addons folder (yes, I unpacked the winrar file, opened the folder it unpacked and took the folders and 2 files in there).
Loaded the game back up, made sure that Carbonite Quest was turned ON in addons, and ran into this:

Carbonite is in the list of addons turned on among several others, but it's not showing when I go to Interface/Addons/Carbonite and expand that. The game seen to the right in the screenshot-/s registers that Carbonite Quest is turned on, but the quest tracker just above it is showing Blizzard Standard Quest tracker that I never ever use and haven't turned on on purpose. I very mush dislike Blizzards own quest tracker.
Also, I get an error for Carbonite Quest
2x Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:3049: ')' expected near 'end'

Locals:

I'm providing 2 screenshots, so it's possible to see what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	655.4 KB
ID:	8822  Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	602.4 KB
ID:	8823  
Want to upload carbonite quest data? Then this is link you need: http://atk.github.io/Carbonite/ scroll down the page and halfway there's a button for Browse. Follow the directions to [WoW]\WTF\Account\[Account]\SavedVariables directory and select the file named Carbonite.Quests (it's the LUA file) then upload the file.
09-16-16, 12:11 PM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Swirrel View Post
So tonight Carbonite Quest started acting up. So I came to this forum to see if anyone else had experienced any bug or issues related to my own. It doesn't seem so, but I noticed someone telling someone else to update his/her addon for the latest on Github, so I thought I'd check if there was a newer version than the one I had from a few days ago.
There was, so I got that. Having placed them in the addons folder (yes, I unpacked the winrar file, opened the folder it unpacked and took the folders and 2 files in there).
Loaded the game back up, made sure that Carbonite Quest was turned ON in addons, and ran into this:

Carbonite is in the list of addons turned on among several others, but it's not showing when I go to Interface/Addons/Carbonite and expand that. The game seen to the right in the screenshot-/s registers that Carbonite Quest is turned on, but the quest tracker just above it is showing Blizzard Standard Quest tracker that I never ever use and haven't turned on on purpose. I very mush dislike Blizzards own quest tracker.
Also, I get an error for Carbonite Quest
2x Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:3049: ')' expected near 'end'

Locals:

I'm providing 2 screenshots, so it's possible to see what I'm talking about.
Fixed. That was my fault. Download new version from github.
09-16-16, 12:33 PM   #3
Swirrel
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Fixed. That was my fault. Download new version from github.

Thank you.

I'll see tomorrow how it works. It's getting late my end
Sleep well.
Want to upload carbonite quest data? Then this is link you need: http://atk.github.io/Carbonite/ scroll down the page and halfway there's a button for Browse. Follow the directions to [WoW]\WTF\Account\[Account]\SavedVariables directory and select the file named Carbonite.Quests (it's the LUA file) then upload the file.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Carbonite Quest turned on, but not showing