07-31-10, 10:40 AM   #1
Woodtears
A Murloc Raider
Question Own text for voice commands in action bars slot instead of spell names.

I use voice commands to start some actions in-game. Is there a way to put own text (commands text) in action bars slot instead of the spell names? Or can it be programmed into nui so that a person can choose to use the function if he/she needs it?

07-31-10, 11:11 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How does that work in game ? Not noticed any in game options to do that. Or is it something outside of the game that handles it in which case it should still work with nUI as with regular surely.

07-31-10, 11:31 AM   #3
Woodtears
A Murloc Raider
Smile Voice Commands on action bars. (Xristal)

I use Voice Buddy from eDimensional (voice recognition software). It is outside the game. It send commands to the keyboard. I setup these commands in the software and then I speak them out and the program press the keys. Is not practical to setup for all spells but for some few so you don't need to speak all the time The problem is it happens I forget the voice command and then I must fast look and search for it on a paper I have on my desk. That takes time and stress. If I could just throw a blink onto an action bar and read would be better. When doing a macro you type the text, name, for the macro. I would like to see my own text on the action bars slot, just as you can type own text for the name of a macro. Voice commands works ok with Nui; what I would like is to type my own text to be seen on action bars if possible to program Nui to do that. Sure I am not the only one using voice recognition software to play wow.

Last edited by Woodtears : 07-31-10 at 11:34 AM.

07-31-10, 12:09 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

As you mentioned you can add your own text to macros. So I would suggest just setting up macros for the spells you use so you can enter your own text. Since you mentioned that you don't intend to use it for all spells just some you should be fine on macro space.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

07-31-10, 12:36 PM   #5
Woodtears
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Macros/Voice Commands

Yes, you are right. I tried before, some weeks ago, and it did work for the slots but something happened so I could not get right the slots 1-0 and I did the assumption that it does not work for all the slots. I was wrong. I tried those ones now and it works. Ok, thank you!

09-09-10, 09:21 PM   #6
Ruela
A Defias Bandit
I would also like to be able to replace the keybind text on actionbuttons with custom text. I have tried several actionbar mods, and none of them had this capability -- it might just not be possible at all.

The reason I would be very happy to have this ability, is that keybind "names" that are more than a few characters long, are abbreviated to "...". And some of my most frequently used spells are keybound to "Ctrl-scroll wheel up", "Ctrl-scroll wheel down" "Shift-scroll wheel up" and "Shift-scroll wheel down". Those keybind "names" are too long to fit on the actionbutton, so where for normal keybinds I might see "1" or "b", for the scroll wheel keybinds, I see "...".

That is fine for my main, but not so good for my alts, when I tend to forget exactly which keybinds go to what.

So, I'd like to be able to replace the keybind text with custom text. Instead of keybinds with long names displaying as "...", I'd like to be able to set the keybind text to display as "CWU" or something that would actually mean something to me, and help me remember what key to press to activate that particular button.

09-10-10, 04:00 AM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

That's a worthy idea -- I'll keep it in mind.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-11-10, 03:12 PM   #8
Ruela
A Defias Bandit
Nice, thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Own text for voice commands in action bars slot instead of spell names.