03-04-07, 10:17 AM   #41
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UD theme

Im working on a UD theme myself. have bones not sure i like em though hard to fit the graphix together. Also cant find anything that works well for the corners. If ya got somethin that might work leme know. 123 is i think prolly by far better at graphix editing then i am. im more of a code person lol.
03-04-07, 10:48 AM   #42
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Grimsin
Im working on a UD theme myself. have bones not sure i like em though hard to fit the graphix together. Also cant find anything that works well for the corners. If ya got somethin that might work leme know. 123 is i think prolly by far better at graphix editing then i am. im more of a code person lol.
To be honest, I've been too busy with school work lately and haven't even touch WoW or photoshop yet for the UD theme. However, I managed enough to finished touching up the NE theme. Will give it a try on my desktop sometimes and once satisfied, I'll upload that.

As for the UD, I'll be glad to help you working with this theme since I still don't know what the background textures/color will be to fit into the bones/textures border outline.
03-04-07, 10:59 AM   #43
griffin224
Premium Member

I know this is WAY butchered, but something along these lines for UD maybe????

03-04-07, 11:17 AM   #44
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by griffin224
I know this is WAY butchered, but something along these lines for UD maybe????

Ugh, that scared the hell out of me , HOW ARE PEOPLE GOING TO PLAY THE GAME IF THEY KEEP WETTING THEIR PANTS? lol. Well my plan is different from this, I was thinking of using the textures from WC3 UD's skins, same as what I did for NE theme.

Btw, the one on the left, I dunno what movie that is. But the right one, is that 28 days later? or rise of the dead or living dead or w/e it called cause it sure looks like a crazy mob in 28 days than actual zombies.

Last edited by 123noob : 03-04-07 at 11:19 AM.
03-04-07, 11:22 AM   #45
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 123noob
Btw, the one on the left, I dunno what movie that is. But the right one, is that 28 days later? or rise of the dead or living dead or w/e it called cause it sure looks like a crazy mob in 28 days than actual zombies.
The one on the left is the Zombie Bub, from the Romero movie "Day of the Dead" the right is from the hilarious "Shaun of the Dead".
03-04-07, 11:25 AM   #46
griffin224
Premium Member

hey 123, got a walkthrough on how you make em, I would love to try to make a simple one, or help you out as much as possible,
03-04-07, 12:30 PM   #47
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

All up to you , since I won't be touching WoW or even editing textures until it hits Spring Break, which is in one week. And yah lol I remembered now... that's the part where the zombies tore off the guy into pieces after he stupidly run out the window then his wife? took his arm or leg and start wacking the zombies , one good funny movie.
03-04-07, 12:32 PM   #48
Deilene
A Murloc Raider

without the white spots cause i messed up the alpha channels, what do you think?
03-04-07, 01:02 PM   #49
griffin224
Premium Member

Nice, my atte,pt is not going as well, but would love some IM help... let me toss what i have done so far up

what you think?
03-04-07, 01:52 PM   #50
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think those are both quite interesting.
03-04-07, 01:59 PM   #51
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Deilene

without the white spots cause i messed up the alpha channels, what do you think?
Good try so far, but same for the background texture which I mentioned below. And as for the taste, I'm not an abstract person, so I can't rate you on that since I already dislike it , I prefer something more like game interface than colors all mixed in with lines etc... But that is jsut my taste, as long as it's your taste then who give a hoot to what I say.
Nice, my atte,pt is not going as well, but would love some IM help... let me toss what i have done so far up

what you think?
Nice idea, but the thing I would suggest is the background texture since you going to have four different texture files and the bottom 2, 3 will be overlapping each other, so the skull on the background textures maynot be in sync with each other and may look off. Same goes for the top short outline textures (where it elevated down toward to the height of the map texture). So I would put different texture into it, that's what I did to the NE if you notice it. Overall, very nice.
03-04-07, 03:03 PM   #52
griffin224
Premium Member

I must be stupid

Well, I made a full bottom bar image, but can NOT seem to get ti to work right, if anyone has any suggestions or wants to chop the image up and make the textures, feel free.

I can make more, change stuff, if needed, but all i get after converting to blp is a big green block...
03-04-07, 11:01 PM   #53
Deilene
A Murloc Raider
i have a question to Mazzle, or anyone that can possibly figure it out.

i created starcraft bottom bars, BUT when i originally did it they were to small, and the 512 x 256 wasn't enough space, and the chat boxes, menus ect overflowed the bar. So i created it into a 512 x 512

BUT ingame Mazzle UI autmatically resized it to 512 x 256, is there anyway to circumvent this?
W/out creating new images, where i would have to lose the whole connecty part

03-05-07, 12:08 AM   #54
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

It is possible to change the left/right texture's image size by changing the codes. However, since (IMO) anything that have to do with altering codes from Mazzle would required her consent. Also, even if you do change anyway, you will have to alter many other things as well, resulting in more complication. I prefer sticking to the original arts based on Mazzle and work off from there just as I and few others have done, which are re-texturing the original arts, not modifying anything else other than that. And as you can see from your SS, it would be hard to fit in a type of skin like that since Mazzle already had everythign set up according to her arts.
03-05-07, 12:11 AM   #55
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Well, I made a full bottom bar image, but can NOT seem to get ti to work right, if anyone has any suggestions or wants to chop the image up and make the textures, feel free.

I can make more, change stuff, if needed, but all i get after converting to blp is a big green block...
Ignoring the exclusions, the layout look nice already. However, one problem, it will not look nice when you actually have it in-game for the middle arts since they will be overlapping each other, and clustering the corner images over one another. I already suggested how this can be fixed several post up.
03-05-07, 12:14 AM   #56
trickdaemon
An Aku'mai Servant
I would love to use the blue abstract one, can you host it or pm me? Thanks in advance
03-05-07, 01:10 AM   #57
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

bones

what you think?
Those are some of the same graphix i originally was trying to work with, they just dont fit togeather as pretty as id like. not a bad background texture. I like a lil less graphix in the background though. theres a minimap boarder on that same site wowtextures.com that chops up and fits together pretty well for the boarder. Ill post the one i was working on when i get a chance.
03-05-07, 01:23 AM   #58
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Info

Originally Posted by 123noob
It is possible to change the left/right texture's image size by changing the codes. However, since (IMO) anything that have to do with altering codes from Mazzle would required her consent. Also, even if you do change anyway, you will have to alter many other things as well, resulting in more complication. I prefer sticking to the original arts based on Mazzle and work off from there just as I and few others have done, which are re-texturing the original arts, not modifying anything else other than that. And as you can see from your SS, it would be hard to fit in a type of skin like that since Mazzle already had everything set up according to her arts.
100% agreed here other then wanting to change the frame strat for the cave. messing with the code is not a good idea. If it dosnt fit over what mazz made originally its not gona work out well as changing any of the auto settings would just make things real complicated especialy, i dunno about you but i remazzify all the time and change chars constantly... If you were to change the code it would more then likely screw up the mazzifiers abilities. I will say deilene that your art is awsome i do like that first one.
03-05-07, 11:44 AM   #59
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There's a reason that the art is set up that way. The two side areas have to be a fixed size so that there will be exactly enough room at all aspect ratios to contain the contents, which are pretty fixed regardless of installation options or button layout. The middle textures, on the other hand, are stretched or compacted to handle any change in available real estate due to a particular aspect ratio.

As a result, I would recommend using more homogenous, subtle textures for the middle art since it may be stretched or compacted. So, I'd avoid stuff like those big circles above. If you want to blend pictures in there, like some of you have, I'd limit that to the side textures and perhaps the target cave.

I'd also make sure to check it at other aspect ratios. Even if you wouldn't play on them, WoW usually has more than one aspect ratio available for you to set in the video options. If you are missing one of the three aspects, you might want to have someone else check it out for you. (To test it, change your resolution and remazzify. I usually work with a copy of or a fresh WTF folder when I do stuff like that.)

As for making modifications to the code to handle different texture parameters, I would not recommend it. Most things that I think you guys are interested in changing would violate some of the basic assumptions that other parts of the layout assume. It woud probably stop your layout from working right in other aspect ratios. At the bare minimum, it would make it impossible to include in any sort of theme or skin browser.

I don't spend any time on the art anymore -- the main components of the art I did one weekend 15 months ago -- so I'm really pleased to see people playing around with this. Keep it up.
03-05-07, 11:58 AM   #60
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I don't spend any time on the art anymore -- the main components of the art I did one weekend 15 months ago -- so I'm really pleased to see people playing around with this. Keep it up.
This is all I do even way back then when the custom arts were imcorporate into the game (forgot that mod name). Making and enhancing the looks and feel of the game actually what keep me playing the game.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleExtraSkinsPackage