12-20-11, 07:45 PM   #1
tobindax
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is there a known bug with this?

I noticed an addon that was advertised to go idle when not 'Out of Combat', it was occasionally running with high CPU usage [edit: RARELY, not in most cases]. Now, assuming that addon did not do something wrong, is it a known issue some events to not reach an addon at all? e.g. the 'entering combat' event? And if yes, is there a way to circumvent it?
12-21-11, 08:52 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Without knowing which addon you are talking about, it's pretty much impossible to give you any useful/relevant information.

About all I can tell you based on your extremely vague post is that no, there is no known bug that randomly causes a single frame not to receive an event that all other frames listening for do receive. The only situation I can think of under which this could occur would be if you had another addon that intentionally unregistered the event from the addon's event-listening frame(s).

The more likely scenario, however, is that the addon in question has a bug.
12-26-11, 04:24 AM   #3
tobindax
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I had noticed it in an Ultraxion LFR, if that helps.

That fight is in general a problem in FPS. I wonder if for some reason it doesn't sent 'OOC' related events properly. Or something of the sort.
12-26-11, 04:36 AM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
You should really report this issue to the author, or let us know which addon you're talking about if you want to get help on this matter.

Ultraxion is an FPS drain regardless of addons, for three mains reasons:

1) The fight is atop Wyrmrest Temple, and gives you a huge overlook over Dragonblight
2) The 'Twilight Realm' graphical effect which turns the sky purple is very GPU intensive, similar to the sky in Lost City of the Tol'vir
3) Everyone is stacked up, meaning you have the spell effects of an entire raid visible on your screen as well as various AOE heals.

I can tell from my UI though, which colours the border of a certain panel according to combat state, that there are no problems with events firing.
12-26-11, 07:05 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

There is no bug in WoW that prevents events from firing. If you are only having this problem with one addon, it seems pretty likely that there is a bug in the addon that prevents it from responding to the appropriate event(s).

However, if you are not willing to tell us which addon you are talking about, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to find out why the problem happens or how to fix it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Is there a known bug with this?