01-23-08, 04:59 PM   #1
Ravine_sly
A Murloc Raider
Rogue UI

Finding it very difficult to make a custom UI on my Rogue because of stealth, i need a list of addons that will allow me to do the following:

-Change the order and positioning of all my bars,
-Allow me to have motion animated targets portraits that can be moved whenever desired,
-Can move my minimap and integrate it along with my bars and chat logs so it all looks like one big panel
-New quest tracker, new buff panels so basically "the works"

Im currently using "NO" UI mods

With these addons ill also need some instruction on how to use them... im not exactle what they would call a UI expert at this time but im quickly learning

Any help would be insanely appreciated.

Ravine - 70 UD Warlock Deathwing
Slyshark - 70 UD Rogue Deathwing
01-23-08, 05:04 PM   #2
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ravine_sly View Post
-Change the order and positioning of all my bars,
-Allow me to have motion animated targets portraits that can be moved whenever desired,
-Can move my minimap and integrate it along with my bars and chat logs so it all looks like one big panel
-New quest tracker, new buff panels so basically "the works"
-Bartender3, Trinity or Trinity2, or Bongos
-ZMobDB Advanced4
-SimpleMinimap, RicoMinimap, or Sqeenix
-nQuestLog
-ElkBuffBars, Satrina Buffs2, or Buffalo

Last edited by Syxx : 01-23-08 at 05:06 PM.
01-23-08, 08:27 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

...im not exactle what they would call a UI expert at this time but im quickly learning.
To be honest people tend to become 'experts' with ui's from sheer practice. An example from personal experience:

Not too long ago with the revival of the discord site (thanks to dreadlorde and friends) i decided to try dart for the first time. I personally dont get much from manuals so i tend to learn by fiddiling with things.

I used some art that was linked by dread himself in a thread (the Urk Ui for those interested) and got a working copy of Discord art. It took me a few hours along with learning to use some editing skills in GIMP (also my first time) to get what i wanted. This was literally 3 days ago.

I have been using mods since my 3rd week in WoW and ive been playing well over a year now.

Simply put its all about practice. After some time youll get the hang of various terms and functions and you'll move along nicely. =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 01-23-08 at 08:29 PM.
01-25-08, 10:26 AM   #4
Ravine_sly
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
-Bartender3, Trinity or Trinity2, or Bongos
-ZMobDB Advanced4
-SimpleMinimap, RicoMinimap, or Sqeenix
-nQuestLog
-ElkBuffBars, Satrina Buffs2, or Buffalo
ive used Bartenders and Bongos... neither of them worked out for Rogue really... didnt register stealth and stuff like that... Trinity looks alright but how complicated can addons get... as for the others i can even get them working... thanks for trying though...

I basically need maybe an addon for m y bars so ill sus out trinity.... but then as for panels i think there might be just the one that will do everything i need it to
01-25-08, 10:31 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

ive used Bartenders and Bongos... neither of them worked out for Rogue really... didnt register stealth and stuff like that...
When was the last time you tried bartender for it? I know it has a small issue adding things like stance paging and stealth paging when you initially get them. You have to log out and back in for the skill to register with the addon. But that only when you first get it. Until then the option will be greyed out.

I have a rogue and use bartender for all my ui's and stealth changes the bars as intended.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 01-25-08 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typos... cause i cant type worth a damn =P
01-25-08, 11:36 AM   #6
Arabeth
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I just started levelling a new mage and been trying out various quest helpers.
So far I think nQuestLog has the vote, backed up with DoubleWide and MobMap. Also using TourGuide.

RicoMiniMap

Trinity (2) I've used for ages. Tried the other ones but don't find them as flexible (just my opinion of course). Trinity can use cyCircled for button textures (Trinity Adornment is real nice), you can set up button as macro buttons etc, and have a variety of deifferent shapes. (you've probably found that out already)

For buffs a mixture of Buffalo and Buffalo2 as it happens.

To get a big panel at the bottom you could use either eePanels2 or Skinner.

Units frames you could use XPerl, agUnitFrames; they will give you animated portraits. So does ZMobDB Advanced4 but it is the portrait only so you would have to use in combination with the above or Pitbull say.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Rogue UI