07-14-11, 12:17 PM   #1
Vicctus
A Murloc Raider

Scrolling Battle Text

Basically at certain times, big pulls etc, the center of my UI is so filled with incoming and outgoing numbers that I can't make out my character let alone enemies and the fire on the ground.

I'd like to find an AddOn that would simply allow me to clean up that text. Just a little something to make it more compact/uniform and allow me to move it to a less intrusive area of my UI.

I've looked at MikScrollingBattleText, and although it's promising, it's a little too complex for my needs. I'm not really looking to customize every color for every type of damage I just want to move the stuff.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Vic
07-14-11, 02:11 PM   #2
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Besides Mik (which is what I use) theres also parrot and ScrollingCombatText. Both are very customizable and well maintained by their authors.
07-14-11, 03:05 PM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Also, 90% of the options in any addon are just that - options.

I've been using MSBT for years. I've never fiddled with the colors of different types of damage.

I have rearranged the incoming/outgoing/notification areas, changed fonts, and removed specific types of text from showing up (currently I only show crits, immunes, resists, misses, parries, blocks, and dodges).

All scrolling combat text addons are VERY customizable - Parrot and SCT both have just as many options as MSBT.
07-14-11, 03:56 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To clarify on why scrolling combat addons all have plenty of options... Addons cannot move the position of the default combat text - they must disable it and create their own. Since they have to start over from scratch, there are generally more options that just "move this here".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-14-11, 04:47 PM   #5
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Have a look at xCT, might be something for you.
07-14-11, 04:48 PM   #6
Coldblooded
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes xCT is great,would deff check it out. Low mem too.
07-20-11, 03:27 AM   #7
Vicctus
A Murloc Raider

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try xCT and see how that treats me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Scrolling Battle Text