10-07-10, 10:33 PM   #1
Foras
Premium Member
Premium Member
Please Come Clean - Contributions Depend on it

Great addon. Hands down best of class.

Here is the problem:

There has never been a clear statement regarding sustainability.

Please state clearly whether this thing goes on into the next expansion or not. I (and many more) will contribute. We simply need to know that there is a future.

10-12-10, 12:31 PM   #2
splice42
A Defias Bandit
I still have my receipts from back when I paid to get the full version of Carbonite (before the blizzard policy).

Gotta say with cataclysm coming, I decided to check here, and.... months without an update? No announcement about cataclysm support? No way to make the addon work with 4.0?

To all intents and purposes Carbonite looks like a dead project. That's pretty sad. I was likely going to donate a bit more to support my favorite mod, but seeing the current status there's just no way in hell I want to throw my money into a hole, so I guess that's that.

10-12-10, 12:48 PM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Posted by Haavok in this thread;
We are planning on making Carbonite compatible with the Cataclysm expansion.
Honestly, though I still have doubts.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-12-10, 12:54 PM   #4
splice42
A Defias Bandit
Yeah, especially considering the devs went "installing the beta now" and then haven't said a word about cataclysm since. Going on 2 months without a status update now.

10-12-10, 01:41 PM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by splice42 View Post
Yeah, especially considering the devs went "installing the beta now" and then haven't said a word about cataclysm since. Going on 2 months without a status update now.
Haavok and faatal are not known to be terribly verbose about updates in the works. They simply work on it. Then release. Its a fairly easy pattern to spot based on post dates.

This wouldn't be the first time users have assumed (understandably) that development has stopped just to have a patch or update be released.

In the end it is entirely up to you to decide to wait for a release or move on.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Please Come Clean - Contributions Depend on it