10-30-10, 12:20 AM   #1
SmugDragon
A Murloc Raider

Increase the size of the mini-map

I am a new nUI user and so far it appears to be just what I have been looking for in an all-in-on add-on. However, I was wondering if there is a way to resize the center mini-map to at least fit the frames shown around it. It sad to admit, but at the current scale (1280x1024 standard screen) it hurts my eyes to use during farming mine nodes. And yes, I know I am getting old and I already wear glasses thank you!

Seriously though, I know I can use the minimap infopanel addition which bring it closer to the original size, but I would rather keep the map on screen at all times, so the center seems best.

And I also realize I can use the /nui minimap command to put it back on the main screen in the corner, but again, I would prefer to keep it in the center bottom if possible and I don't want to have to preform a reload each time I start farming. (I farm while waiting on queues.)

So after all that, am I wasting my time here or is there a way to manually change this? (Or perhaps installing something like SexyMap and using it to rescale it would work?) I just don't want to have to add any additional add-ons at this point if I can help it, so I thought I would as here first.

Thanks,
Smugs

10-30-10, 02:43 AM   #2
Memyselandi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Here you'll find an answer from Scott to map resizing request, too. Maybe you'll better sit on your hands and wait but waste time with trying to change things manually.

11-01-10, 04:41 PM   #3
SmugDragon
A Murloc Raider

Thanks

Thanks Memyselandi. I swear I searched the site before posting but I guess I missed it somehow. Good to know I am not the only one who can barely see it for farming. lol

Now I will go look for a post that contains the target roll-out date for 6.0.

Smugs

11-01-10, 05:56 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For the record, the minimap fits *exactly* in the space available for it it nUI5... if you switch to any of the party or raid mode unit frames, you'll see there is no extra room. It is only in solo mode that you have some extra room. nUI6 does alter it so that each unit frame panel can define its own minimap size and location which is not something nUI5 allows.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Increase the size of the mini-map