12-07-10, 07:19 PM   #1
Chargin
A Murloc Raider
Dual spec bugged it seems?

Im having huge issues right now. Ive been using this mod forever and am quite familiar with it. But now my druids bars arent swapping over when I switch specs correctly.
First of all, all my bars disappeared on my secondary spec. It all got worse from there. I tried recreating, reinstalling, downgrading to older versions, deleting all the config files, running no other mods. None of that worked out..
Going to my other characters caused the same problem after a bit of playing around I was able to loose secondary spec bars on my hunter.

First question...
How do i get the "Dual spec" text to appear in the list of options. I couldnt see it on my druid, then swapped to hunter and it was there. 2nd from the bottom in the list above "Shape" I think it was. The only other "option" for specs is in the profile area "Enable profile switching upon spec change" thats ticked and the 2 boxes below it are empty, Im not sure what to write in there, whatever I put in is red text and seems to disappear after I leave the window.
So, how to get "Dual spec" option in the list of "states" or whatever they are.
then I can go from there.
12-07-10, 11:41 PM   #2
anseloth
Coding Archmage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
if i understand how macaroon works in this case, i think that macaroon can detect whether or not your toon has duel spec at all, or not.

i mean, for characters that don't have duel spec training yet, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to enable the duel spec option just yet.

12-08-10, 01:16 AM   #3
Chargin
A Murloc Raider
ok it must be bugged then.
I was able to see it on my hunter and then lose it after playing around with it. Seemed I lost the option on my druid also.
All my chars have dual spec.
What do you think?
How do I uninstall the entire mod? Just delete the folders in interface and delete all the macaroon listed files in my characters folder under the realm name? I tried to start from scratch but maybe I didnt delete enough stuff?

(hating blizz bars at moment..)
12-08-10, 03:47 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

If you simply want to test just rename your WTF folder to something like wtf.old and log in. This essentially temporarily resets all your addons settings.

If it works with them disabled then you just have to kill all macaroon saved variables (appropriate files in character folder and global in the Saved variables folder under realm name).

If not then you have found a bug and something to report.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
12-10-10, 09:30 PM   #5
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

he is right and wonder why almost nobody speak about this important problem. Im using this good addon for long time and i know it

When im switching tallents and then profiles many skills disapear

i dont want to reset or something and to build again my profilles, take ages...

for moment i fixed it but probably ill lose again after switching. A solution seems to be to use the "enable dual spec thing bla bla" and to name corectly primary and secondary spec in the corespondet tab in the addon profiles menu

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-10-10 at 09:51 PM.
12-11-10, 09:41 AM   #6
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Chargin View Post
First question...
How do i get the "Dual spec" text to appear in the list of options. I couldnt see it on my druid, then swapped to hunter and it was there. 2nd from the bottom in the list above "Shape" I think it was. The only other "option" for specs is in the profile area "Enable profile switching upon spec change" thats ticked and the 2 boxes below it are empty, Im not sure what to write in there, whatever I put in is red text and seems to disappear after I leave the window.
So, how to get "Dual spec" option in the list of "states" or whatever they are.
then I can go from there.
Actually, thing is: if you got profile swap on spec change checked then there is no need for the bars to have the dualspec option and therefor Maul has made it so that the dualspec option per bar isn't shown on that condition.

Uncheck your profile swap on spec change and you'll get the dualspec option for the bars again.

I'm not using profile swap on any of my toons and changing back and forth between specs work fantastically fine.

Only difference between the 2 is that with the profile swap you need 2 profiles which in turn means you can place your bars differently.

If you want all your bars to just stay just as they are in both specs there is no need what so ever for the profile swap
12-12-10, 05:02 AM   #7
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

checked more, still problems...
12-12-10, 08:10 PM   #8
Chargin
A Murloc Raider
Ok after a morning of playing around with this theres a ton of bugs...
Not sure where to start..
I renamed my WTF folder and had no other mods turned on.
Bars just plain disappear, they are there when you go into edit mode, then coming out of edit mode they vanish. And no I dont have them "red" for hidden. This isnt Always though, create a new bar and it will work for a while until I start to adjust size, buttons etc.
Turning on the blizzard main bar no longer works either, ticking the box will put the default bars up for a split second and then they disappear.
Also after playing with all this I noticed an icon on a bar lost its texture, i had only one bar out and one icon on that bar. it just had the countdown effect for a CD skill with a grey sort of texture.

Last edited by Chargin : 12-12-10 at 10:31 PM.
12-12-10, 08:30 PM   #9
Chargin
A Murloc Raider
heres something I can repeat.
Make a single button bar for each spec. Put a button on that bar that is spec specific, ie the other spec cant do that ability.
Go to edit mode and just turn dual spec mode off then on again. When I turn it on again the button just disappears. I tested this 3 times.

this is with a new WTF folder and I followed the directions found here
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37520

IE

Make sure the only Macaroon modules you have installed, and loading are some or all of the following:

Macaroon! (now also including Extensions)
Macaroon: Alerts (Previously Loot)
Macaroon: Status Bars (previously XP, and CB)
Macaroon: Xtras
Macaroon: Spell & macro binder
Macaroon: Totembar (previously MultiCast)
12-12-10, 10:33 PM   #10
Chargin
A Murloc Raider
Also Im not using the "profile" part of the mod anymore, I dont have it ticked in the "addons" screen.
12-13-10, 05:10 AM   #11
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Make a single button bar for each spec. Put a button on that bar that is spec specific, ie the other spec cant do that ability.
Go to edit mode and just turn dual spec mode off then on again. When I turn it on again the button just disappears. I tested this 3 times.

When you turn the bars dualspec on it is as if you're giving that bar a special state.
When you turn it back off you're saying you only want one of the two states and so in the same instant you delete that state. As you delete the state you also delete the buttons. So ofc there is no button when you add a second special state to the bar again.
12-14-10, 04:18 PM   #12
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

the addon is bugged but i think i fixed my problem by making for each profille the bars to not have dual spec. Now when im switchins specs nothing bad hapen.

but a problem remain and i have no solution. The button teleport and portal -im mage - cant be saved on a profile. This is a speciall button, blizzard giving him the option to display all portals when making right click

I need this addon and my UI is the strangest in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkl_BTjwGbY

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-14-10 at 04:54 PM.
12-14-10, 07:22 PM   #13
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Well, the addon works perfectly for me except that it gives an error on log in.

Also I have the flyouts for both portal and teleport and they are working fine, in both specs on a bar with dualspec off (since there is no need to have it on due to the fact it's the same spells in either spec).
And they're both working perfectly and are saved in my profile.

Would you consider sending me your saved vars so I can check out what kind of setup you have, and also tell me what versions of Macaroon you're using.

Last edited by Dwargh : 12-15-10 at 03:06 PM.
12-14-10, 07:29 PM   #14
inthedrops
A Defias Bandit
I stopped using Macaroon solely for this reason. It got to the point where it was driving me nuts. I had to set it up to not use dualspec at all and I just got tired of manually switching (which would also occasionally have some issues)
12-15-10, 12:57 PM   #15
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks Dwargh, http://www.filefront.com/17652978/savvar.rar

Im using only Macaron the big one and macaron xtras (this customize the bag button i think). I need other addons to complete these? like Macaroon: Spell & Macro Binder? i dont think so. Sure im using last version from wowinterface

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-15-10 at 01:03 PM.
12-15-10, 03:15 PM   #16
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
Thanks Dwargh, http://www.filefront.com/17652978/savvar.rar

Im using only Macaron the big one and macaron xtras (this customize the bag button i think). I need other addons to complete these? like Macaroon: Spell & Macro Binder? i dont think so. Sure im using last version from wowinterface
Which modules of Macaroon you use is up to you and your needs. You don't need them all to use Macaroon, however if you for instance want to be able to key bind your buttons I would suggest you add Macaroon: Spell & Macro Binder.

Just tested your vars and successfully saved the flyout menu for portals and teleports dragged from the spellbook to a button to your profiles. also tested profile swap on spec change and it all worked just fine. No error, and no bugs. If you're still having problems it must be something on your end with other addons interfering.
Also as you are not and will not use them again, you can delete the Saved Vars for:

MacaroonCB
MacaroonLoot
MacaroonXP

Both .lua and .lua.bak

Last edited by Dwargh : 12-15-10 at 04:54 PM.
12-16-10, 02:17 PM   #17
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks for your time. Hm but in Macaroon the big one, i can bind buttons, so dont know why is another addon for that, if this option is implemented in the big macaron already

I dont think i had these errors because other addons, because i have same setup for ages. I think the patch is the cause

the addons i use (the selected ones only in picture):

dont know from these wich one cant interfere with macaroon, no one is for buttons too, except button range but i had this for ages and omnicc, wich is for showing coldowns on buttons

Last edited by xromania™ : 12-16-10 at 02:36 PM.
12-16-10, 07:51 PM   #18
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Thanks for your time. Hm but in Macaroon the big one, i can bind buttons, so dont know why is another addon for that, if this option is implemented in the big macaron already
Right you are. The spell & macro binder is for key binding in the spell book and in the Blizzard macro UI.

If there's anything wrong with any version of the Macaroon modules you're using try reinstalling them again from WoWInterface, I have all the latest versions and no problems.

BTW, I noticed: If you drag your portal spell and teleport spell from your spell book onto a Macaroon button on a bar with autohide, you can get the menu to show but as soon as you get your cursor over a button on the menu that is situated outside of the bar with autohide, the bar and the menu will hide.
However, if you instead make it a Macaroon Flyout macro button it will stay shown until you select the spell from the flyout menu even if the button on the flyout menu are situated outside the bar with autohide.

Code:
/flyout s:portal:l:r:l:10:c
Code:
/flyout s:teleport:l:r:l:10:c
Are the macros for the Macaroon flyouts for portal and teleport.

Last edited by Dwargh : 12-16-10 at 08:14 PM.
12-17-10, 05:08 PM   #19
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks, anyway even if i know good macaroon, what u say is to much for me because i wont make complicate things yet, probably when ill have time

and what modules to upgrade... im using only the big macaron and xtrass for bags and are the last version
12-17-10, 05:53 PM   #20
anseloth
Coding Archmage

thanks, anyway even if i know good macaroon, what u say is to much for me because i wont make complicate things yet, probably when ill have time

and what modules to upgrade... im using only the big macaron and xtrass for bags and are the last version
Chargin has your answer, i think:

IE

Make sure the only Macaroon modules you have installed, and loading are some or all of the following:

Macaroon! (now also including Extensions)
Macaroon: Alerts (Previously Loot)
Macaroon: Status Bars (previously XP, and CB)
Macaroon: Xtras
Macaroon: Spell & macro binder
Macaroon: Totembar (previously MultiCast)
but, make sure you don't have any of the addons listed in the curved brackets.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Dual spec bugged it seems?