12-01-11, 08:59 AM   #1
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[Spoiler] Cataclysm End Cinematic

So they introduced the new cinematic for Deathwing's Fall.

I really like it, probably one of my favorites so far. I like how the aspects 'lost' their power, though NO IDEA how the story with Nozdormu is going to play out; unless of course killing his infinite dragon flight variant was the end of that side story.

I wonder how the Emerald Dream will play out, now that the green dragon flight don't really have the power to control it; what about the Nightmare? Will it start to become more widespread?

Also, love how Kalecgos just became the magic aspect then lost the power over it ;D

So many interesting plot twists they can make from this.

MMO-Champ Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYVA0Hh6u3U

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 12-01-11 at 09:02 AM.
12-01-11, 10:08 AM   #2
unlimit
Lookin' Good

From what I understand, they lost their powers as aspects, guardians of their realms, not their powers completely.

The blue flight didn't have an aspect, and retained their power, how can we be sure that the aspects sacrificed their respective flights entire power?

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
12-01-11, 10:22 AM   #3
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

From what I understood, the aspect power of magic was transferred to the new designated leader. I'm not saying they lost their dragon abilities or anything, each race has been immersed in their roles for thousands of years so I would think they would have some sort of power over it.

Kalecgos became super powerful from accepting being the aspect of the blue flight, reason why he was able to make Agryos turn back with his twilight dragons after his attack.

What I'm saying is, that extra power as being an aspect is gone. Their all powerful abilities that make them the titans chosen over their respected roles.

Each flight is still going to have somewhat powers I believe, I don't expect the blue flight to magically be unable to use magic or the green flight to not ever be able to go back into the dream.

But I don't expect powers such as the Earth Warden, who was able to mold and move the earth to any vision he desired and sense anything in the ground do what he was able to do before going mad or maybe the Red's ability to control the ability of life like they used to.

I believe that the aspects are basically just normal dragons now, maybe stronger then the others, but just the leader of their flights now with no titan granted power.

Originally Posted by unlimit View Post
From what I understand, they lost their powers as aspects, guardians of their realms, not their powers completely.

[EDIT] This is all speculation on my part, as there is nothing about the after effects or anyhting told yet.

The blue flight didn't have an aspect, and retained their power, how can we be sure that the aspects sacrificed their respective flights entire power?

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 12-01-11 at 10:25 AM.
12-01-11, 10:41 AM   #4
unlimit
Lookin' Good

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Originally Posted by Unlimit
[EDIT] This is all speculation on my part, as there is nothing about the after effects or anyhting told yet.
o_O I don't remember writing that.

I was posting my thoughts on what I took from the cinematic, not claiming fact, and asking the question on if we could be sure or not, not that it was so.

Last edited by unlimit : 12-01-11 at 01:42 PM.
12-02-11, 03:22 AM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I managed to find the ID numbers for the new cinematics that can be used with MovieFrame:PlayMovie().

The entire list is as follows:
Code:
1	Blizzard Logo
2	World of Warcraft Intro

27	Burning Crusade Intro

18	Wrath of the Lich King Intro
14	Wrathgate
16	Fall of the Lich King

23	Cataclysm Intro
21,32	Worgen Cinematic
22,33	Goblin Cinematic

73	DSI Act I
74	DSI Act II
75	DSI Act III
76	DSI Act IV
Notice Worgen and Goblin cinematics list two numbers, both IDs trigger the same movie. The "DSI" cinematics are the new ones added in 4.3. I don't know for sure what "DSI" stands for, but I'd guess it has something to do with the Dragon Soul that's the centerpiece of the story.
12-02-11, 07:40 AM   #6
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

No, but sooner or later someone one would of come in here and be like POST SOURCE OR GTFO. So I try to post things like that so I don't have to /facepalm and insult them.

Originally Posted by unlimit View Post
o_O I don't remember writing that.

I was posting my thoughts on what I took from the cinematic, not claiming fact, and asking the question on if we could be sure or not, not that it was so.

12-02-11, 08:25 AM   #7
tinyu
A Molten Giant

i have to say that compared to cinematic for killing the Lich King the one for killing Deathwing is kinda short and lame.
12-02-11, 12:35 PM   #8
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
i have to say that compared to cinematic for killing the Lich King the one for killing Deathwing is kinda short and lame.
It wasn't as dramatic, I kind of liked it. I'm still expecting another expansion to fight Bolvar as the new Lich King.
12-03-11, 03:58 AM   #9
tinyu
A Molten Giant

seriously though

Deathwing the Destroyer flying around

Thrall: PEEEEEEEEWWWWWW

Deathwing the Destroyer falls out of the sky (no epic final battle with the aspects)

The aspects relinquish their power

Mortals are the future

END.
12-03-11, 04:50 AM   #10
unlimit
Lookin' Good

^----- Pretty Much That.

12-03-11, 05:16 AM   #11
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Deathwing the Destroyer falls out of the sky (no epic final battle with the aspects)
The raid itself doesn't count as the epic final battle with the aspects?
Just like there was no epic final battle with the Lich King, he just keeled over and died.

Note these videos are made to be viewed while in process of and at the end of the raid.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 12-03-11 at 05:19 AM.
12-03-11, 05:30 AM   #12
tinyu
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The raid itself doesn't count as the epic final battle with the aspects?
Just like there was no epic final battle with the Lich King, he just keeled over and died.

Note these videos are made to be viewed while in process of and at the end of the raid.
Im well aware of this but there wasnt even a final threat from deathwing or some mention of his "Master".
12-03-11, 01:53 PM   #13
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Im well aware of this but there wasnt even a final threat from deathwing or some mention of his "Master".
My guess would be Yogg-Saron being his "master", which we've already killed. If it isn't, perhaps they'll make it the end boss of a future expansion, in which it'll be revealed when that happens. A second cataclysm would be a final threat and that's supposed to happen if your raid fails. This is seen with a preview of the bleak future in the heroic instance, End of Time. Again, these movies are played AFTER your battle with Deathwing and between its phases when he keeps trying to get away.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 12-03-11 at 01:57 PM.
12-03-11, 06:03 PM   #14
sevti
An Aku'mai Servant
Besides the above post, I'd think it would be pretty out of character for Deathwing to ever admit to a "master." From what I recall, he's always been extremely proud and conceited, and though he may admit he was using power from another being, to admit to being somehow lower than them is something I don't think he could do even in his darkest moment.

Unless, of course, I missed him already having mentioned a master or something similarly earthshaking, which is possible!

Though I agree, at first I was a bit disappointed, but not because it was anticlimactic or anything (I can't judge that until I see the battles leading up to it). Losing the Dragon Aspects kind of makes me tableflip a little deep inside, though I'm sure that Blizz will continue to make some great stories and this just frees them up to move on to other stories and conflicts.

Although the animation for Thrall's face brought tears of joy to my eyes <3
12-03-11, 06:07 PM   #15
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Deathwing was corrupted by an old god, old god gave him powers in return for servitude and loyalty. Not sure if this is in any of the games but it explains it through the books; War of the Ancients series I believe it was.

Originally Posted by sevti View Post
Unless, of course, I missed him already having mentioned a master or something similarly earthshaking, which is possible!

12-03-11, 09:38 PM   #16
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Not sure if this is in any of the games but it explains it through the books; War of the Ancients series I believe it was.
The RTS games just cover the Horde/Alliance conflicts during each of the 3 wars that preceded WoW.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » [Spoiler] Cataclysm End Cinematic