09-26-13, 12:05 PM   #1
ladymoongirl
A Murloc Raider
Goldpaw's gUI3 (MoP)

I use Goldpaw's gUI3 (MoP) for my UI and when I try to use Carbonite it makes his minimap turn back into the default blizzard minimap. He isn't willing to see how he can fix it on his end because of the troubles he has had with the previous coders of Carbinite. Is there anyway you can see what may or may not be causing it on Carbonite's end? I really miss using Carbonite and would like to start using it again.

Thank you!
Jule

09-26-13, 02:40 PM   #2
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I installed Goldpaw's addon to see what you were talking about. At first when I went to Goldpaw's settings, the module for adjusting the minimap was absent. So I reloaded my character with Carbonite completely disabled and found that Goldpaw's minimap showed up and the settings were now visible in his options list. I also played around with Carbonite's map settings, but couldn't find a setting that would fix the issue.

So at that point I could confirm that Goldpaw's minimap and Carbonite's map are not playing well together.

That said, until Rythal and/or Goldpaw can provide a fix for this, you may want to try merging Carbonite's and Blizzard's minimap. You will then be able to move it to the same place Goldpaw appears to prefer it or anywhere else you want. You can do this in the maps module of the options area for Carbonite. You can also have the minimap buttons placed in their own module and moved to anyplace on the UI as well.

I'm sorry I couldn't offer you better advice, but I hope this will help at least for now.

09-26-13, 07:13 PM   #3
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just wait til GUI4 and or post and bug issue to his blog.

09-26-13, 08:19 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
people have submitted bugs, and his answer was that he will never ever ever support carbonite because of the obfuscation.

I left him a message over on curseforge introducing myself and letting him know about all the changes that have been made to the code, and inviting him to review it, or the two of us to work together in making them compatable.

09-27-13, 01:33 AM   #5
stones
A Black Drake
Gui 3

I use carbonite and GUI3 with no problems what so ever

09-27-13, 12:16 PM   #6
ladymoongirl
A Murloc Raider
Rythal, he has a facebook page that he actually reads and posts on if you want to try and reintroduce yourself there and see if there is anyway you two can come together.

https://www.facebook.com/goldpawsgui

Stones, there isn't a problem per se. Just that Carbonite's map and Goldpaw's minimap seem to not like each other. When I use Carbonite it turns Goldpaw's minimap back into Blizzard's default minimap. It's really about preference. I prefer the look of Goldpaw's minimap to Blizzard's default one. It just goes better with the ui.

All in all I guess I could always still use Carbonite whether it gets fixed or not, but that is something I will have to deal with if there is no way to get a fix for it.

09-27-13, 12:44 PM   #7
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well looks like this issue has been and or will be resloved. Goldpaw posted on his FB page to give him "Give me... some days'ish. Ok? "

Awesome stuff.

09-29-13, 04:10 PM   #8
ladymoongirl
A Murloc Raider
Smile Yay!!

I went to his FB page and I am reading the post now. I am jumping for joy!!

Thank you so much for trying again!!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Goldpaw's gUI3 (MoP)