05-27-09, 09:27 AM   #1
Pyrophoric
A Cyclonian
Sharing waypoints with people in the group?

My fiance and I always level our character together and have been having problems since 77 and our flying mounts.

Up until now, we just got on our epic mounts and she put herself on follow. She doesn't follow quests or know where to find things in the game (she never played any video games till WoW). So basically, she just follows and kills what I do.

It was all fine until we got our epic flying mounts and since I am a pally I like to put crusader aura on. It seems that 50% of the time she puts herself on follow while flying it fails. I try to fly in as straight of a line as possible but it's a real pain. I don't know if this is something on our network or if this happens to other people but ...

Anyways, my question is this. Is there a feature within Carbonite where I can setup waypoints for the group? This way, instead of having her follow me, it changes her waypoint arrow to the direction we need to go. She can just follow that arrow and look for me when we get there.

The unfortunate result though is that if she got off and wasn't close she would still loose the crusader aura buff and be miles behind.

05-29-09, 12:30 PM   #2
Pyrophoric
A Cyclonian
Guessing this isn't already possible in some way?

05-29-09, 12:38 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you are both using Carbonite, if you have Auto Track on and Share Party quests on, you should be pointing to the same objective anyways. If that's not the case and you do not have those turned on, toggle through the radio buttons on the top of the Carb Quest Tracker and you should be able to share quests. Specifically Purple button for Auto Track and White one to share party quests.

05-29-09, 12:42 PM   #4
Pyrophoric
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
If you are both using Carbonite, if you have Auto Track on and Share Party quests on, you should be pointing to the same objective anyways. If that's not the case and you do not have those turned on, toggle through the radio buttons on the top of the Carb Quest Tracker and you should be able to share quests. Specifically Purple button for Auto Track and White one to share party quests.
Yes but especially for quests that are color blobs on the map instead of exact destinations.

I guess if we leave from the same place and follow the arrow while it is blue then we should end up in the same spot.

05-29-09, 02:48 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

In addition, if you are grouped, each person should see an arrow on the minimap pointing to the direction of other party members. I know that works on the standalone Blizz map, I do not know whether you see the same thing when you integrate the Blizz minimap into the Carbonite map as I don't have mine setup that way.

05-31-09, 01:29 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no sharing of waypoints feature currently. No simple solution comes to mind, so it is not something we will be adding in the near future.

05-31-09, 02:33 PM   #7
cryphex
A Kobold Labourer
Are you guys both using carbonite. If so just have her click on your dot on her carbonite map and click track. This will allow her to track you. This way you both end up in the same spot each time. Thou the only problem with this each time you go to a new quest she needs to do it again. But should help you both stay together better

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Sharing waypoints with people in the group?