10-13-10, 10:02 AM   #41
Celleana
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Disclaimer: If you've had issues with my straight forwarded bluntness, stop reading here.

Oh my god I've never seen a larger group of crybabies in my life. Not even on the official forums. If you are going to quit if Carbonite isn't updated then good riddance. You are most likely the same lot that are whining about CC being an important factor again and still wiping their tears about HC no longer being 10min aoe farmfests. In the end it's the same complaint:

"Omg I actually have to forth some EFFORT to play?"

It's been said before and I'll reiterate it; If a single addon makes or breaks the game for you, then you play for the wrong reasons. God forbid people actually READ quest text for info instead of skipping it and waiting to follow an arrow like a lemming.

There are PLENTY of addons that can replace Carbonite's functions. If you're not even going to try and look, that's your own damned fault.
totally agree

There are PLENTY of addons that can replace Carbonite's functions. If you're not even going to try and look, that's your own damned fault.
too bad for the silver plate, but all nice things must come to an end

Originally Posted by neilh View Post
I see lots of people say please Carbonite keep it going, it is the best Addon I have Used, can't play WOW without it, well I agree with all those thoughts to me it is one of the best helpfull Addons for WOW. I have just made my donation to them, if you love it so much then make Donations to keep it going help the people that put in many hours of work to help make the questing and playing so much easier.
COME ON MAKE YOUR DONATIONS
of course an issue like this one will not stay idle for too long, someone will take over for sure, if dev does not do it by itself afterall... just need some time...

in my opinion, developpement have abbandonned that project, and there will be no V4.0.1, and asking for it would be asking for a favor.

that being said.

you do not get favors by yelling, complaining, or spitting to anyone's face.

so donnate now for having the possibility to use the best add on around for free, for quite a while without being asked nothng in return. that would be a warm thanks to the developpers in my opinion. and perhaps then, they will decide not to let the project die

donnate again once you get that damn carbonite v4.0.1 to prove them that was the right decision...

The worst thing Blizzard could do was remove the ability to subscribe or purchase addons like this one.
Bit by bit Blizzard is achieving what it intended to: putting the add-on developers out of business and leaving us high and dry. It's their way or the highway. They now have 12 million players, and frankly, they could give a damn about us old farts.

They've killed Questhelper, seems they've made Carbonite's life difficult and there really isn't anything else out there worth downloading..
don't you start to get it??

Welcome

This is the home of CARBONITE®, a multi feature addon developed by game industry veterans to improve and enhance the game playing experience of World of Warcraft. Our mission is to provide the most feature rich and reliable addon in the WOW universe.

Version 3.34 is now available (June 25)
Works on English, German, French and Spanish clients. UI is mostly in English.
Supports WotLK expansion and patch 3.35..

i bet industry veteran will understand better the sound of money than the sound of complaint.

ask yourself... what are you ready to do to get this add on?
if the answer is something close to WHINING... GTFO

10-13-10, 10:09 AM   #42
Sable711
A Defias Bandit
Don't give up hope!

remeber this WoW first started without Mods then develepers were able to create them. A mod can always be created and don't give up hope with this one! Patients is all you need, remember this patch just came in.

10-13-10, 10:14 AM   #43
Reddsonja
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by DKsDEVIL View Post
well for me it is simple no carbonite no wow, the normal map in wow suck, the " quest helper " thing in wow suck.

os no carbonite no wow, i play fore questing and questing without carbonite is ike driving a car without wheels
I wouldn't go that far. Maybe playing WoW without Carbonite is like driving a car with a few bugs splattered on the windshield! lol.

I'm pretty new to wow myself (a little over a year) but only started using Carbonite a little while ago. I love it and would be happy to throw a few bucks their way if they can keep it going.

10-13-10, 10:21 AM   #44
Celleana
A Defias Bandit
Oct 13, 2010 12:14:43 GMT-04:00
Receipt No: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Hello Celleana,
You sent a payment of $10.00 USD to Carbon Based Creations, LLC.
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to PAYPAL *CARBONBASED.
Merchant information
Carbon Based Creations, LLC
[email protected]
http://carboniteaddon.com
Instructions to merchant
None provided
Shipping information
montreal qc Canada
Shipping method
Not specified
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Carbonite Addon
Vote: xxxx $10.00 USD 1 $10.00 USD

Insurance: ----
Total: $10.00 USD

DONNATE: http://www.carboniteaddon.com/download.shtml

Last edited by Celleana : 10-13-10 at 10:24 AM.

10-13-10, 10:35 AM   #45
basicmountain
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Kleyemax View Post
1: Patience - the Devs will either state they are no longer gonna update carbonite to work with cata, or they will inform you all when the update is available. Either way, learn to keep your mouth shut and be patient. If you love the addon so much, then dont be a dick and piss the devs off to the point they stop updating it.

2: Ignorance - To all the people complaining that Blizz makes addons obsolete for some reason to eliminate 3rd party developers, your a F%@#ing moron. You obviously understand nothing about programing or game developement. Again learn to keep your mouth shut when you dont even have a base understanding of what your talking about.

3: Lazy - To all those who "cant play WoW without Carb", get a life. I love the carbonite add-on and understand the loss if the devs discontinued. However, to act as though all life comes to an end when carb doesnt work is just laziness. Get your d*mn quests, and go find the objectives based on the info your given. Its not that hard, just takes a little more time. Get over it. Hell Blizzard has even added minimal questhelper ideals to make it that much easier.
TOTALLY AGREE with this one - While Carbonite is probably one of, if not the best addon in game, Blizz's quest tracking system in game isn't half bad (no where near as good as carbonite) but if ya would read the quest log and go to the general area pointed to by the number on the default blizz map you'll be able to complete your quests - even if you spend a little more time on them cause you don't have exact coords... lazy f*&ks learn how to read and stop bi+¢hin.

Originally Posted by Kleyemax View Post
4: Thank you Devs - To the developers of a great addon, I say Thank you. This has been the addon I alwasys install and update FIRST. Excellent work and never any major errors or crashes because of carbonite. Everyone here should be gratefull for the devs effort and quality put into this project.
Carbonite Developers have always had one of the best addons in game. All I can say is thanks for providing such an awesome addon to help levling and farming so much easier. No other addon compares with it when you're trying to farm or get your questing done. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

10-13-10, 11:02 AM   #46
argetlam_mayonaka
A Murloc Raider
Yea, I've not seen this many crybabies in a long time. Carbonite doesn't make the game. The only thing I use Carbonite for is questing until 80 and then I just use the map when I'm farming. Other than that, nada. As to there being other addons that do the same thing as Carbonite, this is very true. Most are just too sorry to look for them. If an update happens, awesome, if not, I'm sure someone else will come along and make a clone of it.

10-13-10, 11:05 AM   #47
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Celleana View Post
Oct 13, 2010 12:14:43 GMT-04:00
Receipt No: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Hello Celleana,
You sent a payment of $10.00 USD to Carbon Based Creations, LLC.
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to PAYPAL *CARBONBASED.
Merchant information
Carbon Based Creations, LLC
[email protected]
http://carboniteaddon.com
Instructions to merchant
None provided
Shipping information
montreal qc Canada
Shipping method
Not specified
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Carbonite Addon
Vote: xxxx $10.00 USD 1 $10.00 USD

Insurance: ----
Total: $10.00 USD

DONATE: http://www.carboniteaddon.com/download.shtml

Fixed Donnate for you.
And did the same 2 days ago...
I really hope they put some effort into working this again on 4.0.1 and future patches,xpacs

10-13-10, 11:38 AM   #48
Edāll
A Kobold Labourer
Disclaimer: If you've had issues with my straight forwarded bluntness, stop reading here.

Oh my god I've never seen a larger group of crybabies in my life. Not even on the official forums. If you are going to quit if Carbonite isn't updated then good riddance. You are most likely the same lot that are whining about CC being an important factor again and still wiping their tears about HC no longer being 10min aoe farmfests. In the end it's the same complaint:

"Omg I actually have to forth some EFFORT to play?"

It's been said before and I'll reiterate it; If a single addon makes or breaks the game for you, then you play for the wrong reasons. God forbid people actually READ quest text for info instead of skipping it and waiting to follow an arrow like a lemming.

to make a member of curse staff rage on you guys this bad you are some very sad little people with epeens bigger than your brains really how can so much stupidity be present on one forum thread i thought incest was an uncommon occurrence but the lvl and sheer amount of stupidity and nerd raging over a "as not yet updated addon' leads me to believe otherwise really all of you lifeless ragers should really ask your parents if they are related.... because your stupidity leads me to believe they are......

10-13-10, 11:58 AM   #49
Reddsonja
A Fallenroot Satyr
One of the things I love most about carbonite is this: Carbonite:Enemy detected nearby

This is so wonderful when you're fighting the other faction.. when they res and "attempt" to hide, carbonite will let you know, and usually it'll even pick up their location on the map pretty accurately. This is such a wonderful function for all lvl players, especially in the endgame/world pvp.

10-13-10, 12:08 PM   #50
oimmuk
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jesskitsune View Post
so far it does not work with the new patch which makes my life hard im so used to carbonite i need it back. i realyl hope they update fast
I feel your pain. I am thinking of forming a support group called Carbonite Annonomus for those of us who have become addicted.... I do hope it will be back soon.

10-13-10, 12:33 PM   #51
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Edāll View Post
to make a member of curse staff rage on you guys this bad you are some very sad little people with epeens bigger than your brains really how can so much stupidity be present on one forum thread i thought incest was an uncommon occurrence but the lvl and sheer amount of stupidity and nerd raging over a "as not yet updated addon' leads me to believe otherwise really all of you lifeless ragers should really ask your parents if they are related.... because your stupidity leads me to believe they are......
Why is it stupid to want such a fun and useful addon updated? And the above is the single longest un-punctuated, grammatically incorrect English language sentence in the whole thread....you prat.

Oh yeah?...right...OK.....So now I have to bloat my system with Altoholic, QuestHelper, Chinchilla/Mapster, Cartographer, TomTom etc just to achieve the same functionality of a single low footprint addon like Carbonite.....Thanks Chaos for your invaluable contribution.

Last edited by TrotskyIcepick : 10-13-10 at 12:48 PM.

10-13-10, 12:50 PM   #52
ItalianDragn
A Murloc Raider
Indeed

Originally Posted by coorsd View Post
Yup, I hope the addon is updated. but it is also a lot of work and not really a money maker for them anymore. I will contribute again if they come up with a 4.01 cata version.

Thanks for your hard work Developers. It would be helpful if you would take a few minutes to post your intentions as to what you plan to do.

Onward!
I paid for it when they went the paid route... and when the new one comes out I plan on making a donation.

till then I wait patiently. CARBONITE ROCKS!

10-13-10, 01:07 PM   #53
Roeland
A Defias Bandit
@Devs:

Guys thanks for the good work on carbonite the past years. I hope you find the energy and time to provide the wow-community with a new version.

10-13-10, 01:09 PM   #54
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Edāll View Post
Ok, please don't use me as an example if this is the direction you are gonna take it. It's one thing to tell as it is, it's another to be plain out rude and disrespectful. Completely uncalled for dear sir.

Originally Posted by TrotskyIcepick View Post
Oh yeah?...right...OK.....So now I have to bloat my system with Altoholic, QuestHelper, Chinchilla/Mapster, Cartographer, TomTom etc just to achieve the same functionality of a single low footprint addon like Carbonite.....Thanks Chaos for your invaluable contribution.
You're welcome? I never claimed people would get the same performance using other addons. You seem to misunderstand the difference between "functionality" and "performance".

I was planning to start a replacement thread tonight when I got home, but seems someone beat me to it. I will still post later, but it's kinda hard to do that now while I'm at work doing this on my phone during breaks. In the meantime, perhaps you could find a good therapy group for your anger management problems, especially the part where it's quite misdirected.

10-13-10, 01:20 PM   #55
TrotskyIcepick
Ok, please don't use me as an example if this is the direction you are gonna take it. It's one thing to tell as it is, it's another to be plain out rude and disrespectful. Completely uncalled for dear sir.
Quite right Mr Chaos, if I was angry in my post it was at this idiot, not you.

You're welcome? I never claimed people would get the same performance using other addons. You seem to misunderstand the difference between "functionality" and "performance".

I was planning to start a replacement thread tonight when I got home, but seems someone beat me to it. I will still post later, but it's kinda hard to do that now while I'm at work doing this on my phone during breaks. In the meantime, perhaps you could find a good therapy group for your anger management problems, especially the part where it's quite misdirected.
I don't think I was being angry with you, I was just making a very valid point, just maybe a little sarcastically. I do understand the difference between functionality and performance, both happen to be important to me using as I do a graphically underpowered laptop to play on. Frankly having played scores of RPG's since the MUDS of the late 70's, I find tracking quests subsequent to my 2nd/3rd toon extremely tedious and Carb eases that tedium greatly (don't get me started on farming profession mats). And, if you can think of another addon that provides a quest database like Carb I'd be very surprised

Other than that, you do make a valid point, people should stop whinging 5 minutes after a massive WoW update and give the Carb devs a chance to update, which given the massive popularity of their addon, I'm sure they will.

PS. If anyone wants to whine about something much more important....what about the god-awful mess Blizz has made of the talenting system!?!? I've specifically leveled a lock to 36 with just the necessary Affliction talents to make PvE a dream, and enough Destruction to make instances a blast.....and now I have had to make a difficult choice...A or D? I do both PvE and instances so ......

Last edited by TrotskyIcepick : 10-13-10 at 01:24 PM.

10-13-10, 01:27 PM   #56
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Well, it took 24 hours this time, but Carbonite Madness has struck again.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 01:51 PM   #57
TrotskyIcepick
Nice reference to Monty Python's Holy Grail in your sig.....I used to run around the school playground quoting from that movie.

Sorry, this is off topic.....so whatcha gonna do?

10-13-10, 01:54 PM   #58
cmwalkerb
A Defias Bandit
The 4.0 Patch has been out for 1 day. Everyone just needs to relax and learn to play the game the old school way. We are all just lucky that Blizzard allows add ons in the first place and need to be patient when someone who is not making any real money (except donations) is not able to get their add on working as quickly as everyone would want. Carbonite is such an impressive add on that we are all fortunate that they will fix it at all. I hesitate to add that Dec 7 Cat is to be released and I am sure with all the changes to old kingdom it is going to go down again. That time may be a much more extended down and repair process.

10-13-10, 02:17 PM   #59
sys3175
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by cmwalkerb View Post
The 4.0 Patch has been out for 1 day. Everyone just needs to relax and learn to play the game the old school way. We are all just lucky that Blizzard allows add ons in the first place and need to be patient when someone who is not making any real money (except donations) is not able to get their add on working as quickly as everyone would want. Carbonite is such an impressive add on that we are all fortunate that they will fix it at all. I hesitate to add that Dec 7 Cat is to be released and I am sure with all the changes to old kingdom it is going to go down again. That time may be a much more extended down and repair process.
I'm not quite sure if this is bitching or not (well some people are). A little communication would however be nice. It isn't like this patch snuck up on us, and in the past all updates have been available on patch day (generally). A dev coming on and saying "we are working on it, it is more work then we had thought and bear with us" would be enough to shut up a majority of the people. I too am someone who bought carbonite before blizz changed their policies, I have donated since. However if you aren't going to let the people who potentially fund the project know that the project is even alive I doubt you can expect much from us.

BTW.. December is a little under 2 months away. If I paid for something which won't work for 2 months because of something that will be coming down the line later on, it is of little consolation.

10-13-10, 03:22 PM   #60
xXTroubleXx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
24 hours from the first post.. Anyone would expect this question to be at the top of the list the day of the patch. Number one, I am suprised that they did not have a canned topic already up. Number two, wow its been 24 hours and still nothing. Yeah, I wanna rush right out and give you $$ for this great communication.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite and World of Warcraft 4.0.1