11-24-10, 04:49 AM   #1
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
Turn in quests through the UI?

Since patch 4.0.3a, there are certain new quests which you can turn in wherever you are, and they will progress to the next quest in the chain.

I was questing with a friend who doesn't use Carbonite, and we completed one of these quests. On his standard UI, there was a popup to click and complete the quest, and in his quest list, there was a clickable question mark.

I had Carbonite running, and didn't get this popup. There was also no question mark in my list. The quest showed it was complete, and put a question mark on the map in a seemingly random location where there was no NPC. I couldn't tell if maybe that question mark was where I was when I finished the quest, or if it was going off of some other data.

In order to turn in this quest, I had to turn off Carbonite, turn it in, and pick up the new quest. If I hadn't been questing with a friend, I would have not known that the quest had to be turned in through your UI, and I would have just wondered why there was no NPC by the question mark icon. I wonder if this is responsible for some of the reports that the turn ins are showing up on the wrong locations on the map?

While the misplaced question mark is probably a bug, I'm not sure if I am missing a setting that would allow me to see the popup that tells me how to turn in the quest.

Thanks =]

Last edited by Maeby : 11-24-10 at 05:06 PM. Reason: title change

11-24-10, 05:04 PM   #2
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
Out questing again today. Same issue.

I couldn't figure out where to turn in this quest, since there was nothing next to the question mark.

Once I logged out and turned off Carbonite, I saw that the only way to turn it in was to click on the popup in the standard UI quest tracking feature.

How do I turn in these quests without turning off Carbonite???

11-25-10, 12:11 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is the current issue I'm looking at now that 4.030107 is out. I found the Blizzard UI code handling it and will probably be making the quest text change and watch button trigger the turn in.

What I need is a quest to test. What quests did you see it on?

11-25-10, 02:05 AM   #4
thelostonesway
A Murloc Raider

im also on one of these quests, it didnt start as a popup, but the end i can only turn in through clicking the pop-up, name of the quest is "Defend the Gates!". this is part of a chain in ashzara right near the back entrance to org

edit: i remember doing a quest in southshore's ruins, dont remember the name, but i'm sure you could find it easily in game. you kill a slime with a red ! above its head, and this quest is a full pop-up accept/pop-up turn-in one

Last edited by thelostonesway : 11-25-10 at 02:08 AM.

11-25-10, 02:15 AM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have some code done that may work. It also appears from Blizzard code that you can click some button in the Blizzard quest log. Press Alt-L to open the Blizzard quest log and try that.

Now to find a quest.

11-25-10, 02:18 AM   #6
thelostonesway
A Murloc Raider

switching to the blizz quest log is a good temp fix, thanks for that tip

ill hop on an alt and go get you the name of that quest in southshore in a min to help ya out

11-25-10, 02:28 AM   #7
thelostonesway
A Murloc Raider

quest is called "Angry Scrubbing Bubbles" its started by killing an angry blight slime

11-25-10, 04:31 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Went to get "Up A Tree" outside of Orgrimmar and the first quest 2 before that one in the quest chain was "Runaway Shredder!", which is triggering my code and it works. The next quest also does it. 4.030108 beta is released.

11-25-10, 08:06 AM   #9
kingbobyjr
A Kobold Labourer
One quest you can try is Do The Right Thing at the Sludge Fields.

11-25-10, 10:08 PM   #10
thelostonesway
A Murloc Raider

thanks for the update, gonna check it out later this evening

12-02-10, 01:01 AM   #11
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

i have 4.031 and i'm not getting the quest popups on the go. has been driving me crazy til i found this thread i've been doing deadmines runs and the whole chain (one quest per boss) is these popups that im not getting so ive been running it over & over to do one quest at a time lol.

any updates?

12-04-10, 04:36 AM   #12
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

bumP?

10char

12-04-10, 07:51 AM   #13
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Watch your quest watcher closely. You won't get a popup, but you will get a message telling you to click on a button.

12-04-10, 04:54 PM   #14
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Watch your quest watcher closely. You won't get a popup, but you will get a message telling you to click on a button.
hmm, thanks for the info! does this message have a timeout? i ask because when i'm in instances, i minimize my quest objectives watcher. i mainly like carbonite for the Map really too, so an option to have a big freakin popup go on my screen would be great, similar to how it works in the default UI.

12-04-10, 11:27 PM   #15
Chmee
A Molten Giant
You can also type alt-L to open the default quest log, which will have a "complete quest" button on it.

12-05-10, 07:26 AM   #16
oimmuk
An Aku'mai Servant
I was just wondering if there would be a way to place the "?" Icon beside the Quest so that we could click on it, you know like the icon for the related click-able quest item?

12-06-10, 09:14 AM   #17
wcoffey
A Defias Bandit

on the go

i am using the version of carbonite from nov.29 and i have turned in several of these on-the-go quests. it took me a couple of minutes before i read, in the chat log, about clicking on the "?". but after that all was well.
i use the carbonite on-screen quest log and everything works fine for me.

12-07-10, 03:51 AM   #18
PhoenixNZ
A Defias Bandit
I'm using v4.03011 and had this issue on the quest:

The Good People of Hearthglen

The text appeared instructing me to click on the ? however the ? wasn't there. It did work however for some others.

12-07-10, 05:04 PM   #19
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by PhoenixNZ View Post
I'm using v4.03011 …
That's your problem, right there. Upgrade to 4.031.

12-08-10, 11:37 AM   #20
Kathan
An Aku'mai Servant
I was doing the quest in the Blackrock Cavern regular dungeon, which is a string of turn in as you go. As my group went through the dungeon, there was a part where there was a ! just down a slope. It dissapeared and I wondered what was going on. I think the quest was auto accepted as I didn't get any quest text, but it didn't show up in the Carbonite quest log. I had to click "show all quests" for it to show.

Also, it'd be nice to have the Blizzard pop-up co-exist. Sometimes I just don't notice the ? in the Carbonite quest log.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Turn in quests on the go?