01-14-10, 07:02 PM   #1
Rankiz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Everything is so small!

If you look at My new UI and My old UI you will see that EVERYTHING is smaller in the new one , even tho it is the same resolution. Do you know how I can make stuff in the new UI bigger? This is not my UI and I downloaded it from WoW Interface.. Atleast the spellbook, chat, descriptions, even gladius and so on? I have a 24' monitor but I still need everything a little tad larger. Please help.

Best regards

Last edited by Rankiz : 01-14-10 at 07:11 PM.
01-14-10, 07:10 PM   #2
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guess you're UI Scale is lowered, you can try raising it the Video-settings.

Please note that it might mess the UI up royally.
01-14-10, 07:12 PM   #3
Rankiz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Changing the video setting would mess it up, I need to scale stuff bigger in another way (like spellbook and blizzard friend panel, Random heroic que page). How can I do that without messing the UI?
01-14-10, 08:16 PM   #4
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Scale up the UI, scale down the addons. Also, the second link didn't work for me. The size looked fine on the new interface to me though.
01-14-10, 09:43 PM   #5
flexe
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Pigl33t View Post
Scale up the UI, scale down the addons. Also, the second link didn't work for me. The size looked fine on the new interface to me though.
http://i49.tinypic.com/rlx9uw.jpg is his second link, its just linked wrong.

But yeah I agree everything on the new UI looks good, but im probably biased since I like my UI elements small.
01-15-10, 01:06 AM   #6
bknab
An Aku'mai Servant
You could try MoveAnything! or Chaos Frame Modifier. I've never used either of them but if I recall, they both have the ability to scale individual frames. You would have to modify each frame you wanted bigger individually, but I think for what you want to accomplish that's what you are going to have to do.

You could change the UI scale, but the UI comp you installed most likely changed that for you to the recommended setting for that UI. Changing it would probably cause things to overlap and look sloppy.
01-15-10, 08:10 AM   #7
Rankiz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by bknab View Post
You could try MoveAnything! or Chaos Frame Modifier. I've never used either of them but if I recall, they both have the ability to scale individual frames. You would have to modify each frame you wanted bigger individually, but I think for what you want to accomplish that's what you are going to have to do.

You could change the UI scale, but the UI comp you installed most likely changed that for you to the recommended setting for that UI. Changing it would probably cause things to overlap and look sloppy.
Yep...
http://i47.tinypic.com/332aqmq.jpg
My problem is that every Blizzframes like social panel, AH, mailbox, talentree and inspection is to small. Any options to make ALL THIS like 20% bigger or something? That is my problem, and that is my only problem.

Last edited by Rankiz : 01-15-10 at 08:13 AM.
01-15-10, 08:17 AM   #8
Rankiz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Enlarge BlizzFrames?

My problem is that every Blizzframes like social panel, AH, mailbox, talentree and inspection is to small. Any options to make ALL THIS like 20% bigger or something? That is my problem, and that is my only problem.

PS: Scaling in video settings would **** everything up.
01-15-10, 08:23 AM   #9
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
double posting a question doesnt really help with getting a solution ^^

people are already helping you in this post here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30021

did you already look into the addons that where mentioned in that topic?
01-15-10, 08:31 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I've condensed the two threads.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-15-10, 03:12 PM   #11
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Rankiz View Post

PS: Scaling in video settings would **** everything up.
Unfortunately, for the blizzframes that are messed up, you'll either have to get a whole bunch of separate addons (talented for talent tree, any number of mail/auction addons), but most of those are still based off of the default settings with just some modifications made.

For the issue you are dealing with, much as it will be a pain, the only easy solution is to put your UI scale higher and then go into each of your addons and put their scale lower (by the same amount). Yes, it will be a royal pain in the rear, but that is highly likely to be the only option.

Also, it looks like the biggest problem (other than possibly scale), is text size. Maybe using fontain would work better even? Or even delete the fonts folder in your wow directory (not in the interface folder) or even change the font from being what looks like possibly accidental presidency back to the default of fritz quadrant.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Everything is so small!