05-20-07, 04:33 PM   #1
jkm199
A Murloc Raider

Frame XML viewer and/or Live Editor

this is a place to request from blizzard correct?

i havent even completed my first project but something is already driving me crazy.
just within the first hour of work (which was mostly learning) i had to logout and back in 23 times trying to correct an error and fix the frame. it took an hour because i had to close and rerun the prog over and over. now i guess i could minimize the game and work on it then reload it but im running on a laptop so that would take even longer.

what i want is a viewer that will read the Frame XML code and display what it would ingame. this would make everything so much easier.

or

an ingame editor. something that i can use to open, view, and edit the code so that i dont have to close the game. i can edit and reload which would save time on the actual lua and xml. i guess it would be possible to code an addon for this but i havent found one yet nor do i have the experience or skill to create one myself.

edit----------------------------------------------------------
well i guess you could create something like dreamweaver for Frame XML but that would me more than needed. though it would make everything much easier and would probably get more players to make their own addons.

Revenge is a dish best served with seconds
-jkm199 a.k.a Roguehart a.k.a Apothacary a.k.a Blazehart
Aliance. we cant pvp but we look dam good

click teh pic to see my character.
My Xfire Profile. 3 WoW characters

Last edited by jkm199 : 05-20-07 at 04:38 PM.
05-20-07, 04:42 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizzard doesn't own this site.

Go to the official WoW forums and repost this.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-20-07, 05:36 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could use a notepad mod like Omnibus to write and execute your code in-game. However, as far as I know there is no mod that will run XML code in-game, so you'd have to do your frame creation in Lua... which IMO is easier anyway.
05-20-07, 09:00 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Wow UI Designer - it's on this site, though it's getting a little outdated.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Wish List » Frame XML viewer and/or Live Editor