09-20-07, 01:54 PM   #1
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What rep to grind?

Right now, I'm level 52 and don't have the burning crusade yet because I still don't have enought money for more RAM + new graphics card. I was wondering what rep I should grind, and if I should grind rep at all. If so, should I grind Timbermaw and argent dawn rep and anything else?? Kind of confused, this is my first high level charater.

Thanks for any help.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-20-07, 02:18 PM   #2
Occam
A Fallenroot Satyr

My advice is to at least wait until the next patch. If I'm not mistaken, it's going to be a lot easier to get rep with those previously higher level factions (Argent Dawn, Timbermaw, etc) when it comes out. Even with that being the case, it's not the most rewarding thing. It really depends on how long you plan on staying below level 60 and without Burning Crusade.

Are you looking to just pass the time with a rep grind? If you are, I'd suggest finding something that can make you as much money as possible so that you have plenty when you finally do get the Burning Crusade. You'll need it for those flying mounts

Hope I helped a bit!
09-20-07, 02:21 PM   #3
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

None of the Rep's carry over besides BGs. If you really must, pick one that you would not mind getting gear from OR pick the corresponding rep to the instances you plan on gearing in.
09-20-07, 02:31 PM   #4
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
What are your professions?
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-20-07, 04:06 PM   #5
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Geboran
What are your professions?
From his signature he looks to be 105 Engineering / 89 Mining.
09-20-07, 04:10 PM   #6
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Doh!

Nice observation there.

Hmmmm.... I can't think of any of the "old school" factions that had anything really remarkable for Engineers off the top of my head.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-20-07, 04:24 PM   #7
Polarina
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Geboran
Doh!

Nice observation there.

Hmmmm.... I can't think of any of the "old school" factions that had anything really remarkable for Engineers off the top of my head.
Gnomeregan Exiles.
09-20-07, 04:40 PM   #8
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Naxx will return so grinding AD rep for attunement might be handy. They have said that they wont add another attunement for it at WotlK but its likely to remain the same as it is now and thus a great opportunity to get the free enchant (which many got during the legions invasion in wpl/epl)
09-20-07, 04:51 PM   #9
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks for that guys I think I'll grind AD and BG tokens...i need enought tokens to get a raptor and kodo :P

09-20-07, 05:00 PM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Good lord. I wouldn't grind rep unless I absolutely had to. It's one of THE worst aspects of MMOs. You'll have to do it a bit when you want to open up the heroics, but I'd avoid it for now.

*shudder*

If you have nothing else to do, go farm honour instead. If you choose carefully, you can at least use that honour to buy things that will last you for a while.
09-20-07, 07:14 PM   #11
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

I'd say, farm BG's for you're Raptor and Kodo token's (that's 180 tokens all up, good luck with that!) whilst also trying to get groups for Maraudon and Sunken temple instances for some better gear.
09-21-07, 12:15 PM   #12
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Qynova
I'd say, farm BG's for you're Raptor and Kodo token's (that's 180 tokens all up, good luck with that!) whilst also trying to get groups for Maraudon and Sunken temple instances for some better gear.
I have most of the gear from mara..I need the rotgrip mantle and eye of theradras. I did sunkle temple to get my soul harvestor..and that was the last time I did an instance My guild just recently died, and I can never find a group in under an hour..:/ The Timbermaw Hold trinket seems nice.

09-21-07, 12:26 PM   #13
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
I have most of the gear from mara..I need the rotgrip mantle and eye of theradras. I did sunkle temple to get my soul harvestor..and that was the last time I did an instance My guild just recently died, and I can never find a group in under an hour..:/ The Timbermaw Hold trinket seems nice.
If you decide to farm AD rep, keep in mind that you stop gaining rep in the outside world at a certain point, and have to do instances and gathering quests. If you are having trouble getting groups for instances since your guild died, I'd suggest grinding honor or timbermaw rep (if you just **absolutely** have to grind a rep, and **absolutely** have the have that trinket) until you have a new guild with whom you can grind the AD rep in the instances.
Also, if you are planning on putting off leveling for an honor grind, they ae making lvls 20-60 grinding easier in a future patch.
09-21-07, 12:59 PM   #14
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nynaeve
If you decide to farm AD rep, keep in mind that you stop gaining rep in the outside world at a certain point, and have to do instances and gathering quests. If you are having trouble getting groups for instances since your guild died, I'd suggest grinding honor or timbermaw rep (if you just **absolutely** have to grind a rep, and **absolutely** have the have that trinket) until you have a new guild with whom you can grind the AD rep in the instances.
Also, if you are planning on putting off leveling for an honor grind, they ae making lvls 20-60 grinding easier in a future patch.
Which is awesome. I have a mage and shaman I want to level next.

And at the moment I'm looking for an active guild..I wish I could switch servers but no credit card..

09-21-07, 01:39 PM   #15
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Who knows when that patch will be though. Might not be until next expansion. I would do AD rep and or BG personally.
09-21-07, 01:58 PM   #16
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by PathMaster
Who knows when that patch will be though. Might not be until next expansion. I would do AD rep and or BG personally.
I saw a blue post saying it would be before the expansion, so i assume 2.3 or post-2.3.

Anyway, BG'ing is always fun, and should be more fun and rewarding for you when 2.2 goes live (which I assume will be tuesday since the ptrs went down yesterday.)
09-21-07, 05:22 PM   #17
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by PathMaster
I would do AD rep and or BG personally.
Me too. The Timbermaw trinket is no biggy for a Clothie apparently, going by the comments via your're link. AD however has Talisman of Ascendance and Amulet of the dawn though ,I wouldn't farm rep at all, but if I had to I'd farm AD rep for them and do BG's for you're tokens

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » What rep to grind?