07-28-09, 03:21 PM   #1
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Set the skin on a model

It would be fantastic if we were given the ability to set the skin of a Model.

Currently I'm trying to make a mod which will allow you to control click on companions and pop up a little preview of the companion, and I've hit a bit of a brick wall as :SetCreature only works on creatures you own, so it would be nice if I were able to keep a table of pets with their respective model and skin, but currently there is no way (to my knowledge) to set the skin of a model, which is why I'm here requesting the ability to set the skin of a model possibly via a second argument to :SetModel().
07-28-09, 04:21 PM   #2
Verissi
Premium Member

Specifically, I seem to remember that the model previews are limited to what is already locally cached (which is mostly limited to what you already have, unfortunately). I wish I had an answer to give other than "I don't know", but if someone else knows of a way, I too would be interested in a solution (if there is one). Admittedly, I didn't do more than five minutes' worth of research last time I looked into it, so maybe I'll poke around a bit more this time around.

If we could somehow force a model to be cached, though, that's a suggestion that I would enjoy (although it would require some limitations; the ability to cache every model in the game at once wouldn't be a good idea).
07-28-09, 04:39 PM   #3
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Hmm, I can't figure out when creatures are cached, I need to do more testing,

P.S. The ability to set the skin of a model would still be nice even though I have got around my current problem.

Last edited by Slakah : 07-28-09 at 05:01 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Wish List » Set the skin on a model