12-18-10, 07:34 AM   #21
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
thanks, anyway even if i know good macaroon, what u say is to much for me because i wont make complicate things yet, probably when ill have time

and what modules to upgrade... im using only the big macaron and xtrass for bags and are the last version
the macros are really simple, you just copy them from here and paste them in the macro text edit box in button edit mode. Then you have better working portal and teleport menu buttons.

Yes you might have the latest versions. Still, try deleting the Macaroon addons from your addon folder and then install Macaroon and Macaroon:Xtras again from WoWInterface.
I've had some weird stuff happen when trying to over write old Macaroon versions.
12-18-10, 01:08 PM   #22
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post
the macros are really simple, you just copy them from here and paste them in the macro text edit box in button edit mode. Then you have better working portal and teleport menu buttons.

Yes you might have the latest versions. Still, try deleting the Macaroon addons from your addon folder and then install Macaroon and Macaroon:Xtras again from WoWInterface.
I've had some weird stuff happen when trying to over write old Macaroon versions.
curse client to the (anti-)rescue?

12-18-10, 07:50 PM   #23
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by anseloth View Post
curse client to the (anti-)rescue?

Well, not in my case. Seems to be my OS not wanting to over write some specific files. Never used curse for addons unless curse was the origin if the addon. And stooped using autoupdating programs way back.
12-19-10, 06:48 PM   #24
Chargin
A Murloc Raider
Today i tried using the "profile" system to avoid any multi spec bugs.
I was healing a heroic and about 5 times my bottom bar, bar1 just disappeared during a fight. The hotkeys for it stopped working also. thats a new one, quite a pain.
Ive tried everything to get this working bug free because its such an important part of the game for me. not sure what to do next...
01-03-11, 07:44 PM   #25
isokarhu
A Kobold Labourer
Yeah I've completely deleted the addon and my saved files, remade, and set it back up. Still have this issue. It is extremely frustrating =(. I reload from a saved profile that I save to every time i make a change. Every time I make a change, I swap to my other spec to make sure its not blasted, then save.

Then one day, I swap specs to actually use it and... of course its got my other specs buttons there.
Does seem to do it more often on my druid, but I've also had it on my paladin. They are even on two separate accounts with two separate saved variable files (granted I did copy one to other at a point to get a starting point.)
02-19-11, 05:38 PM   #26
MonkeyTank
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post

Well, not in my case. Seems to be my OS not wanting to over write some specific files. .
^ I wonder if this is where all the issues are stemming from. How many people started having trouble with Macaroon after some type of system change? ie, moving from XP to Win7/Vista with it's more rigorous (and slightly daft) file security.
Anyone know when Macaroon accesses WTF files? I would have though it woulda been on loading, with it all pretty much cached from then, unless you trigger a profile load. And that doesn't seem to match the symptoms. But if it loads as it needs things sometimes, then maybe NTFS is to blame for all this ****e.
Just thinking though. I personally don't much care (stopped playing a while back) but my wife's going freakin nuts over this 'bug'.
05-07-11, 02:02 PM   #27
Mayharm
A Kobold Labourer
Is there still no real solution to this? I've had serious trouble in the past trying to use profile switching, so I think I would rather switch addon than try that again.

My bars are all setup with dualspec enabled, works fine for a couple of days and then... BAM! I switch specs and my bars either disappear or are copy of the other spec (so I have the same buttons in both specs). I try saving my profile and loading that when the problem occurs, but even the newly loaded profile has the same problem. I have to restart the game and then load the saved profile before it fixes things. And of course, I lose every change since the last save...
06-24-11, 10:42 AM   #28
Sylaria
A Kobold Labourer
It seems to me that the issues with dual spec bars is also somehow associated with using "stance bar". If both are enabled on the same bar, it randomly has issues with loading buttons.

The way I got around this, is by disabling dual-spec on all bars and use profile swapping for talent specs instead. It is really annoying having to save profile separately for all my characters (I have a giant list of profiles now), but it's a good workaround for now.

I still hope this would be fixed one day... but with 4.2 looming around the corner, it doesn't seem like these bugs will be fixed by that time?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Dual spec bugged it seems?