08-29-08, 04:20 AM   #1
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver

oUF Caellian - Yet another oUF layout.

Hi people,

The purpose of this thread is to collect feedback and suggestions in one place.

Being a personal layout, i won't help with modifying it but will consider suggestions, and may eventually add them.

SCREENSHOTS

Link to the layout

DESCRIPTION

Yet another custom layout for oUF 1.3.16 by Haste. You need to download oUF HERE before this addon will work.

SOME FEATURES

* Health bar & health percentage gradient coloring

* Portraits for player and target frames

* Casting bar integrated with the portraits

* Dynamic target name & DruidMana text positionning

* Five men raids are shown as party

* MouseOver highlight on all frames

* MouseOver experience/reputation bar

* Textured combo points

* And many more...

FRAMES SUPPORTED

* Player
* Pet/Vehicle
* Target
* Target of Target
* Focus
* Focus Target
* Party
* Party Target
* Party Pets
* Raid

MODULES COMPATIBILITY

* oUF BarFader
* oUF CombatFeedback
* oUF DebuffHighlight
* oUF Experience (On mouseover above the player frame)
* oUF ReadyCheck
* oUF Reputation (On mouseover above the player frame)
* oUF RuneBar
* oUF SpellRange
* oUF Smooth (Custom version, embedded)
* oUF Swing
* oUF ThreatFeedback
* oUF WeaponEnchant

Last edited by Caellian : 06-22-09 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Added a screenshot
06-17-09, 12:17 PM   #2
Rhaethe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Hey there Caellian

Sorry if I necro'd this thread unnecessarily, but I wasn't sure from reading some of the latest comments on the layouts download page if questions / advice on how to modify your code should be done there or here.

I'm still a novice at modifying ouf layouts, although I'm pretty handy at following directions. There are three things I'd like to do, and I'm wondering if it would be too complicated to do or not possible ...

The first would be to make the party member frame font one size larger. -- No longer needed, I figured this one out

The second would be to reshade the default black of the frames to another color. I've got the color codes, I'm just not entirely sure on exactly where to place it. Not really wanting to reshade the black inside of the frame ... but rather, the border of the frames.

The third would be to have the party member frames grow horizontally as opposed to vertically.

Thanks for any advice, and I hope I'm not pestering.

Edited to strikeout/modify things I figured out.

Last edited by Rhaethe : 06-18-09 at 09:51 AM.
06-19-09, 01:50 PM   #3
Rhaethe

Never mind.

I'll figure it out.

Will do me good I think.
06-19-09, 02:23 PM   #4
tyeni
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rhaethe View Post

The third would be to have the party member frames grow horizontally as opposed to vertically.

Thanks for any advice, and I hope I'm not pestering.

Edited to strikeout/modify things I figured out.
Rhaethe,

For the party frames you need to change

Code:
local party = oUF:Spawn("header", "oUF_Party")
party:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", UIParent, "TOPLEFT", cfg.partyX, cfg.partyY)
party:SetAttribute("showParty", true)
party:SetAttribute("yOffset", -27.5)   this line from yOffset to xOffset and the number following it is the spacing
party:SetAttribute("template", "oUF_cParty")
just a note to, that you also will need to change oUF_cParty.xml as well to reflect party pets and targets growth and placement.
06-19-09, 03:20 PM   #5
Rhaethe

Originally Posted by tyeni View Post

just a note to, that you also will need to change oUF_cParty.xml as well to reflect party pets and targets growth and placement.

Aha. That was the part I was missing when I tried the first couple times.

Thank you!
06-21-09, 04:49 PM   #6
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver

Aww, i completely forgot about this thread, right i'll get back at this tomorrow starting with updating the description.
06-24-09, 10:38 AM   #7
Rhaethe

No worries. I figured out how to change the texture used on my own, so I am pretty happy about that. And I did figure out about the font sizing.

I gave the horizontal party a try, and for some reason I ended going back vertical. It's wierd ... some UnitFrame layouts I like horizontal, some I like vertical.

My next project (as it were) is to figure out how to play around with the coloring of the black parts. Basically, the entirety of my UI has instead of black outlines and bits ... a subtle dark blue outlines and bits. Not black ... not blue ... a nice subtle mixture of both.

So my next step is to try to wedge the UnitFrames into that.

If any of that makes sense.
06-26-09, 10:18 AM   #8
trilliance
A Kobold Labourer
Firstly I would like to say I love what you have done with your UI. In fact, I'm trying to modify it so that it's more functional for healing (i'm a resto shaman). Unfortunately I'm not very good at lua programming and I need some help with this.

Here's what I'm trying to do for the raid and party frames:
1. Add custom debuffs icons to raid frames/party frames (with cyan highlight on frame) - icon on the right at the same level where the name is.
2. Aggro monitoring (a red highlight on the person who has aggro)
3. Poison/Disease/Curse tracking (with pink/orange/purple highlight respectively)
4. Track Earth Shield charges on players

Also, I would like to have a frame of myself in the party frames (currently party frames only show other party members).
And when in a 25 man raid, have the group that I'm in always appear on the 1st column, instead of having it on the 4th column if i'm in group 4 for example.

Any tips on how to do this will be much appreciated. Or if you plan to update this UI in the future, please take some of my suggestions into consideration.
06-27-09, 04:14 AM   #9
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by trilliance View Post
Firstly I would like to say I love what you have done with your UI. In fact, I'm trying to modify it so that it's more functional for healing (i'm a resto shaman). Unfortunately I'm not very good at lua programming and I need some help with this.

Here's what I'm trying to do for the raid and party frames:
1. Add custom debuffs icons to raid frames/party frames (with cyan highlight on frame) - icon on the right at the same level where the name is.
2. Aggro monitoring (a red highlight on the person who has aggro)
3. Poison/Disease/Curse tracking (with pink/orange/purple highlight respectively)
4. Track Earth Shield charges on players

Also, I would like to have a frame of myself in the party frames (currently party frames only show other party members).
And when in a 25 man raid, have the group that I'm in always appear on the 1st column, instead of having it on the 4th column if i'm in group 4 for example.

Any tips on how to do this will be much appreciated. Or if you plan to update this UI in the future, please take some of my suggestions into consideration.
Points 2 and 3 are already in the layout.

Point 1 and 4 are class specific, worse, healer specific, bear in mind that this is a personal layout and considering the fact that i am not a healer and will never be, the chances to see those features get in are slim.

Having the player frame displayed in the party won't happen, i've tried it, it's fairly simple but due to the fact that i'm displaying party targets and pets, adding this mess everything up.
07-14-09, 07:29 AM   #10
Decoder19
A Defias Bandit
Hey Caellian, the frames are awesome. I was wondering if you can put visual heal in the addon. I know it's more for a healer, but just a suggestion.

Edit: I was looking around and could you possibly put support in for ouf_healcomm.

Last edited by Decoder19 : 07-14-09 at 10:51 AM.
07-15-09, 06:17 PM   #11
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Decoder19 View Post
Hey Caellian, the frames are awesome. I was wondering if you can put visual heal in the addon. I know it's more for a healer, but just a suggestion.

Edit: I was looking around and could you possibly put support in for ouf_healcomm.
Caellian does not need to do anything, you simply install that mod and you're good to go.
07-16-09, 11:36 PM   #12
Decoder19
A Defias Bandit
Thank's I thought you had to have the support to get the addon to work

08-06-09, 03:43 AM   #13
joka133
A Kobold Labourer
options?

I was wondering if there is any options in this mod to customize it, like unlocking the frames, changing the size if there is what is the / command to open it????
08-11-09, 02:38 PM   #14
Rhaethe

Originally Posted by joka133 View Post
I was wondering if there is any options in this mod to customize it, like unlocking the frames, changing the size if there is what is the / command to open it????
There are a couple config options, but you would need to edit the config file in the addon package, so I'm not sure that's the type of config you're looking for.
08-20-09, 07:03 PM   #15
Gilgadiir
A Kobold Labourer
I can't seem to find the actionbars, or are there none?
08-20-09, 09:19 PM   #16
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

There are none as this is a Unit Frame layout not a complete UI. If you wish to have a ui that looks like this as I am sure most of us would, you will need to make your own in which case you can use any number of bar mods (dominos, bartender and others) and recount and omen or skada and build your own ui to look like this until Caellian decides it is finished enough to be released. To be honest I am just glad he released his unit frames/name plates mod, releasing his ui would just be icing on the cake to be honest it isn't too tough to make a clone look a like, while it wont be the exact same thing take his unitframes and run with them as you will have the ability to create the rest of the ui around these awesome unit frames.

- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Miralen : 08-20-09 at 10:12 PM. Reason: re-read a message and wanted to change my previous statements based on that
09-13-09, 01:50 AM   #17
NeverD1e
A Murloc Raider
Please tell me how you implemented the debuff to you target has been so colorful and strange black and white? Refer where this piece of code in layout.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF Caellian - Yet another oUF layout.