07-14-09, 04:00 PM   #1
Kaliin
A Murloc Raider
Online @ start of raid addon

I'm looking for (or requesting ) an addon that checks from a pre-set list of names to see which of them are online.

I've seen addons that list who was invited to a raid, and only one out-dated one that lists who is online at any given time, but ideally I'd like to see who wasn't online at the scheduled raid time. At the same time, a list of who wasn't online out of the entire guild isn't great either, since there are so many alts and casuals. But if I could enter a list (or select from a list) of who is eligible to raid, and then check it at a certain time to see who on it is offline, that would be ideal. Sort of like the "afk" function of a guild-wide ready check.

Thanks for reading
07-14-09, 05:40 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is actually one I was thinking of working on when I get time for our own raids.

We tend to invite the same people and it takes a while to manually go into /who to see if they are online and whether they are already in an instance etc, so was considering doing something that had a list of regular raiders, when they raided, what they received and whether they were online or not. And also the ability to invite from the list itself.

But at the moment it has just been ideas as the 2 days I get off from raiding is spent preparing my 2 raider toons for the raids

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-15-09, 08:24 AM   #3
Kaliin
A Murloc Raider
That sounds like exactly what I was looking for, for pretty much exactly the same reason. And I know what you mean...I feel like every second I have to spend on the game is either raid prep or raiding itself. I only vaguely remember a time of the AH and alts...

If you ever do get a chance though, I'll be your first downloader
07-16-09, 04:57 PM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Is this for players in your own guild only?
07-16-09, 06:02 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well had a look and it looks like unless the person is in your guild or raid already you can't see where they are unless theres a function somewhere I haven't spotted that extracts information found in /who.

Aha here we go:

This works in a macro if you wanted to test it
/script SendWho("InsertNamehere");
/script local charname, guildname, level, race, class, zone, classFileName = GetWhoInfo(1); print(zone); print(class); print(guildname);

So theoretically as long as you handle the getwhoinfo immediately after sendwho and validate that the charname is still valid ( in case other addons have previously called /who for their information like WIM and that your friend isn't online at all ).

Now I have this sorted out I can progress further into my idea but if anyone else fancies a go at this please go ahead

Characters:

07-16-09, 06:20 PM   #6
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

karma player tracker will do this for you
07-16-09, 07:36 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah karma sounds like its a possible contender. You could try that out and see if it fits the bill. It doesn't help me for how I plan to use it but for those that use LFG may find it useful.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 07-16-09 at 07:56 PM.
07-16-09, 10:50 PM   #8
Kaliin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Is this for players in your own guild only?
Yes, I just wanted a way to find which of our regular raid team (in guild) was absent at invite time.

Almost everything I've seen so far has been a DKP tracker of one sort or another (saying what loot who got when, and what times people were invited to raids). I'm not so much interested in who was invited to the raid as much as I am in who was available for invites, if that makes sense.

Last edited by Kaliin : 07-16-09 at 10:53 PM.
07-17-09, 11:49 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, my situation is different. I use guildorg to quickly see who is available and where they are but in the most part it is the non guildies I have problem checking up on as I need to do those individually or guildwise depending on if it is a multiple guild run or a multiple pug run.

In your case you would need an addon that either deals with guildies differently from non guildies so that it can use the guild member info function to get their location and /who info to get non guildies locations. Otherwise an addon that just looks at guild members alone.

Guildorg maybe something you could try as each guild member has a private note field that you can use to mark them as full time raider, back up raider etc and then just make that field visible when you are checking guild availability to see which ones are online.

Characters:

07-19-09, 08:48 AM   #10
Kaliin
A Murloc Raider
The idea I had in my (admittedly cloudly) head was of an addon that did a /who search going down a pre-set list (guildies and non), and reported back who could not be found, and possibly who was AFK in Ironforge. While I primarily wanted it for guild only raids, I usually do Naxx pugs on my alt that don't always finish in 1 run (due to late start times, etc), and it would be helpful to be able to regroup in a hurry when everyone's onlline. Not sure if that's the purpose you had in mind. I'm also not guild leader, so when I tried GuildOrg a while back, I was limited in what I could do with it.

Last edited by Kaliin : 07-19-09 at 08:51 AM.
07-19-09, 10:57 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, I'm an officer so I guess I get more to play with. My apologies.

And yes, that is pretty much along the same train of thought I was going for. We have a list of people we have raided with in the past that we know gel with us when they join us. So, we try to go for people that have joined us in the past before looking elsewhere.

Then on the second day of a raid we would use those same people assuming they were online when invites were being done. It's been working well so far and we have gained new guildies this way too so its all good

I still haven't had a chance to do too much with this with all the raiding I've been doing and stuff outside of wow but I will try and get some sort of skeleton system up and running and post a screen shot.

Characters:

07-19-09, 11:40 AM   #12
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Kaliin View Post
The idea I had in my (admittedly cloudly) head was of an addon that did a /who search going down a pre-set list (guildies and non), and reported back who could not be found, and possibly who was AFK in Ironforge. While I primarily wanted it for guild only raids, I usually do Naxx pugs on my alt that don't always finish in 1 run (due to late start times, etc), and it would be helpful to be able to regroup in a hurry when everyone's onlline. Not sure if that's the purpose you had in mind. I'm also not guild leader, so when I tried GuildOrg a while back, I was limited in what I could do with it.
Unfortunately, that would take literally forever. Just like you can't /who very frequently manually, neither can addons. Unless it was something that could be done much more globally, such as a guild list, you'd be looking at something on the order of 5 seconds per name. If you have 100 people to look for, that means 8 minutes before your addon is going to be finished looking for people on the list.

We used NRT before, though we don't anymore. This offers an option to take attendance by having someone send you a tell when you make an announcement. While it sends that announcement to guild, it would probably be trivial to modify such that it sends a whisper to people in a list.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
07-21-09, 08:00 AM   #13
Kaliin
A Murloc Raider
The /who lag is something I hadn't considered. In theory, I think we'd be looking for 25 people on average, not 100, but that is still a 2 minute wait. It might still be worth it for partial-guild raids, but full pugs could be a problem. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll try to think of a way around it.

I just got promoted to officer, so I'll give Guildorg another shot. Maybe I'll go the caveman route and combine it with a giant whiteboard next to my computer with a list of names and check boxes for non-guildies

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Online @ start of raid addon